PDA

View Full Version : 1979 Darrell Porter

escaperoyals
07-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Hi, Any help would be welcomed. The 2nd ever Royals game worn jersey I ever picked up was a 1979 Darrell Porter Home jersey that Had a Wreath or rose placed in the middle of the a in the script Royals. Until recently I didn't notice that this jersey was worn in his 1979 Hostess card. I know he suffered through alcohol and drug problems during his career. I never read his book that he wrote while with the Cardinals after the 1982 Word Series. Has anyone ever seen or heard why he has this on his jersey? And being a game worn jersey that I own, I was wondering if he ever wore this during an actual game or just Spring Training or fpr pictures for cards?
Thank you
Dan

sox83cubs84
07-29-2013, 07:15 PM
Hi, Any help would be welcomed. The 2nd ever Royals game worn jersey I ever picked up was a 1979 Darrell Porter Home jersey that Had a Wreath or rose placed in the middle of the a in the script Royals. Until recently I didn't notice that this jersey was worn in his 1979 Hostess card. I know he suffered through alcohol and drug problems during his career. I never read his book that he wrote while with the Cardinals after the 1982 Word Series. Has anyone ever seen or heard why he has this on his jersey? And being a game worn jersey that I own, I was wondering if he ever wore this during an actual game or just Spring Training or fpr pictures for cards?
Thank you
Dan

Do you have means of sending photos?

Dave Miedema

CampWest
07-30-2013, 10:49 AM
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/1979-HOSTESS-DARRELL-PORTER-BASEBALL-SUPERSTARS-CARD-4-ROYALS-/00/s/MTAwM1g3MDQ=/z/~ToAAOxyW7tRgcDz/$T2eC16ZHJGMFFoKGC+cTBRgcDyrgR!~~60_57.JPG

escaperoyals
08-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Here is a picture of my 1979 Royals Porter jersey.
Dan