PDA

View Full Version : GU ball question

godwulf
07-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Normally, I don't believe in fiddling with a GU ball, trying to clean it up, whatever...but I've got one that I want a player to sign and it's got a quarter-sized, heavy black smudge right in the middle of the sweet spot. Any suggestions about removing the smudge without damaging the surface of the ball too much?

godwulf
07-27-2013, 10:39 PM
No one, seriously? I find it hard to believe that nobody on this board has ever had to clean their balls.

arminter1989
07-27-2013, 10:56 PM
I think you should just get them to sign under the horseshoe. The mark is prob not gonna come out.

dplettn
07-27-2013, 11:29 PM
No one, seriously? I find it hard to believe that nobody on this board has ever had to clean their balls.

Hi Jeff

When I saw your original message, I honestly figured you were joking. GU balls (particularly Votto hits) are the focal point of my collection and I keep them exactly as they came off the field -- with the occasional exception of an appropriate inscription/auto.

The idea I'll share is to reconsider your desire to change the game's visual effect on the ball. Instead, you might consider a panel auto in this instance. I have one with a relevant inscription that looks quite nice. To share ideas among GU ball collectors, I actually would like to see a thread variety of the way collectors prefer to have their signatures/inscriptions presented.

Getting back to presumption of joking (which I thought was the intent of this thread), I'll share a picture of a double dirty ball. The photo below actually an RBI double ball from Braun's MVP season. Its dirty both figuratively and literally. Wanna clean Braun's balls?

Always interested in Joey Votto items, particularly "hit balls". If you have an item that may be of interest, please e-mail me at plettner at fuse.net. Even if you don't intend to sell, I might be willing to trade you an item you'll covet even more.

godwulf
07-28-2013, 11:40 AM
The idea I'll share is to reconsider your desire to change the game's visual effect on the ball. Instead, you might consider a panel auto in this instance.

Yeah, you're probably right. All but a few of my GU baseballs are signed on the sweet spot, and I can be kind of a sticker for uniformity sometimes; in this case, it probably makes a lot of sense to take your advice and just get it signed elsewhere.

Wanna clean Braun's balls?

The trick might be in finding them, at this point.