PDA

View Full Version : Game used bat question

ctguy212003
07-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Does it hurt or help the value if a players bat is cracked. The bigger the crack or split the less its worth? Could use some help

MLB~NUT
07-26-2013, 11:45 PM
Id say Neither, its more Preference!;) Id think a hr or big statistic bat would help the value.... Such as a bat that was used o hit to hr's and a GM winning walk off! JMO...

Wrigley2010
07-27-2013, 12:33 AM
I agree with Todd but I'll add a couple of caveats. A broken bat that is split into two pieces or is so severely cracked it is barely holding together typically goes for a lesser amount. Also repaired bats generally sell for less as well. Obviously there are exceptions to these caveats but in general they hold true. ~Joe

CampWest
07-27-2013, 11:20 AM
I agree with Todd but I'll add a couple of caveats. A broken bat that is split into two pieces or is so severely cracked it is barely holding together typically goes for a lesser amount. Also repaired bats generally sell for less as well. Obviously there are exceptions to these caveats but in general they hold true. ~Joe

I would second that and add on a caveat that the bigger detractor is missing wood. The more wood missing and the more prominent the missing wood is the bigger it detracts from appeal and hence value.

godwulf
07-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Probably 99% of my 1100+ bats are cracked, and for me, personally, aside from what "the market" might say, it doesn't diminish their value at all.

Yes, I understand the question was about "value", as in what should I buy or sell it for, but I'm just sayin...

If a bat is uncracked, the question arises (in my mind, anyway), "Why isn't the player still using it?" With a cracked or broken bat, the answer is obvious.