PDA

View Full Version : New to GUU

Cubman15
07-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Hey everybody! I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Gregg and I'm a monster Cubs fan from the Chicagoland area. I've been collecting Cubs memorabilia for quite some time, but as I'm sure is the case with most of you, my taste has gotten more specific and more expensive over the years.
I have a modest collection in comparison to some of you. Right now my goal is to try to collect a game used bat from the 84, 89, and 03 teams. Im about a third of the way there with 12 game used bats. I also have some game used batting gloves, a Mark Grace GU hat, GU base signed by Billy Williams, Wrigley Field seat back signed by 16 medium to big names in Cubby lore, about 25-30 signed baseballs, among other things.
Some unique items that I own are individual 16x20 drawings that my sister in law has done for me. I have seven in total, three of which are signed. I have individual drawings signed by Starlin Castro and Ron Santo. I also have a drawing of the three HOFers (at the time) from the 69 team, super imposed over the Cubs symbol. I was lucky enough to get each one of them to sign it the year that they went into the HOF.
Anyway, I have been reading the threads here for a month or so and even had the chance to meet one of the members who was a great guy. I look forward to talking to you guys, learning from you, and possibly making some acquisitions as well. Take care everyone!

Gregg

ChrisCavalier
07-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Glad to have you aboard Gregg. I hope you enjoy the site and the interactions with the community. They are a great bunch of people.

-Chris

spartanservitto
07-26-2013, 06:56 AM
Welcome to the board !

-Tony

Cubman15
07-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I'm excited to be here!

sox83cubs84
07-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Glad you climbed aboard, Gregg. We can always appreciate another Cubs fan here.

Dave Miedema

MLB~NUT
07-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Welcome aboard, post some pics of our Favorite Pieces!:)

dangerzone79
07-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Welcome new friend. I've been coming here for a handful of months & I gotta say it's been great. Fantastic people on here with a vast knowledge of information that most of them/us are willing to share. Make yourself comfortable.

Dan

Cubman15
07-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Here are a couple of pics.

1. The vast majority of my game used Cubs collection. Included are game used bats of: Dunston, Dwight Smith, Walton, Rizzo, Castro, Derrek Lee, Leon Durham, Keith Moreland, Gary "Sarge" Matthews, Aramis Ramirez, Sammy Sosa, and Jody Davis. Game used base signed by Billy Williams. Game ussed batting gloves used by Mark Grace, Shawon Dunston (signed), and Aramis Ramirez (signed). Game used Mark Grace hat. Game used Kerry Wood jersey.

2. An original drawing (done by my sister in law) of the first three members of the HOF (Santo should have been voted in years ago) from the 1969 Cubs. Each individual signed it with the year that they went into the HOF.

3. Another original drawing of Ron Santo, which was the only piece that he signed that evening.

Wrigley2010
07-27-2013, 12:14 AM
Welcome to the forums!

~Joe