PDA

View Full Version : Auction Consignments

ChrisCavalier
07-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to touch base regarding the following two things:

1) I believe I have responded to everyone who has either emailed me or called me regarding consignments for the next Goldin Auction to take place in September/October. However, there were quite a few people who contacted me and I want to make sure I got back to everyone. If you did not receive a response, I sincerely apologize. Just send me another email and I will get back to you right away. I tried to respond to everyone whether they were looking to consign a $50,000 piece or a $500 piece.

2) Just wanted to make sure everyone knew the final consignment deadline for the next auction is August 4th. While I will be accepting consignments in person at the National Convention in Chicago next week, if you have something you would like to sign and you are not going to be in Chicago, please contact me right away about your consignment. I can be reached at chris@gameuseduniverse.com.

Thanks in advance and we look forward to a great upcoming auction.

Sincerely,
Chris

Phil316
07-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Chris,

Who is the authenticator on baseball jersey's? And how much? I have a couple 1970's Oakland Athletics knits that are not certified.

Phil316
07-25-2013, 07:44 PM
And was thinking of sending them in.

ChrisCavalier
07-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Chris,

Who is the authenticator on baseball jersey's? And how much? I have a couple 1970's Oakland Athletics knits that are not certified.
Hey Phillip,

Thanks for the post. Regarding game used items, right now we are using primarily PSA/DNA for bats and Mears for jerseys. Regarding both authentication services, it is my understanding that we get a discount relative to their normal rate and we pass this discount on to our consignors. That is, given the volume we do with the authentication companies, you will likely pay less for the authentication doing it through us than if you submitted it on your own.

Please note we have no intention of making money on authentications. Our sole desire is to provide a level of authentication that is acceptable to all our bidders so they are comfortable bidding on the items in our auction. We believe this is good for both the bidder as well as the consignor. Regarding our consignors, we truly look at our relationships with them as a partnership and we do everything possible (legally and ethically) to help them realize the most money possible for their consignments.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions. Please feel free to post general questions here (that way others can also see the responses) or email me at Chris@GameUsedUniverse.com if you have any questions specific to your items.

Sincerely,
Chris