PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Rays hats

twi
07-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Hello everyone!

First post after being a reader of the forum for a while. My name is Tom and I am looking to add some (rather rare, I'm afraid) Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays hats to my collection. I am mainly looking for the 2008 Stars and Stripes hat, and the various throwbacks the team has done (Pelicans, Saints, Tarpons, and UT Spartans are the ones I'm missing). I must admit I've never even seen a picture of what the Spartans hat looks like!

While my first love is hockey and I primarily collect that, I have to say there's nothing quite like a nice cap collection on the wall.

Thank you for any and all assistance.
Tom
tomrw41@yahoo.com

detaildevil
08-05-2013, 01:22 PM
FYI as far as I know there is no such thing as throwback UT hat. Pretty sure they wore their normal hats that night.

twi
08-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Well then that lets me cross one off the list! lol

Still never found a good picture of them wearing that set.

twi
08-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Also wanted to note I'm looking for Rays throwback jerseys as well. Sent a few emails to folks that had them available and didn't say they were sold. Also looking for the light and dark blue current alternates. Thank you.

detaildevil
08-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Email me at mr2bitts(at)yahoo.com. I should be ale to help you with a few of these.

detaildevil
08-06-2013, 07:17 PM
DRAT mr2bitss(at)yahoo.com

sox83cubs84
08-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Tom:

One of your real challenges will be the 1998 Inaugural Year Opening Series game cap, similar to the normal 1998 Devil Rays lid, but with a logo on the left side for the Devil Rays' Inaugural Season. I've seen a couple over the years, but not many.

Dave Miedema

twi
08-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Thank you for all the replies! I've been sorting through and sending emails and am going to need to prioritize or somehow gain some more hobby money! I greatly appreciate all the help so far, and I've got a couple items on the way already.

Dave, I did not know that. As I am looking for an example of each "variety" for my Tampa Bay collection I don't know if the inaugural series cap represents a different enough look for me, as I do have a first year one. If one turned up I'd be interested but I don't think I will actively seek one out.

twi
08-10-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm happy to say I'm currently only in search of a Tarpons jersey and cap, and the TATC they wore.

Many, many thanks to the various folks who have helped me out. :)

twi
08-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Paying top dollar for 2006 Tarpons throwback jersey (white with "Tarpons" across front), both style Tarpons' hats that have been used, and 2006 S&S hat.

Also, if anyone happens to be looking for a Smokers batting helmet or University of Tampa throwback jersey I know a guy who has some. Sorry but no clue on who they were worn by.

twi
08-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Paying top dollar for 2006 Tarpons throwback jersey (white with "Tarpons" across front), both style Tarpons' hats that have been used, and 2006 S&S hat.

Also, if anyone happens to be looking for a Smokers batting helmet or University of Tampa throwback jersey I know a guy who has some. Sorry but no clue on who they were worn by.

2008 Stars and Stripes. :o

twi
12-19-2013, 01:30 AM
Wanted to give this some new life during the holiday season. I am looking for both of the Tampa Tarpons caps the team has worn, and the 2008 Stars and Stripes.

Also hoping to find a Tampa Tarpons throwback jersey, Tarpons script on the front.

Thanks all.

tomrw41@yahoo.com is the best place to get at me.