PDA

View Full Version : It's Christmas eve at Goldin Auctions

onlyalbert
07-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Anybody else going to bed tonight feeling like a little kid, and can't wait to wake up in the morning to see what Ken left ya? I've got 4 items in this auction, and I can't say enough about the job Ken and Chris have done. This is my first experience as a seller (and I was nervous).....but probably won't be my last. Well done, boys!

GMEN92
07-20-2013, 01:33 AM
Whos going to bed?? I am riding the wave till the final bell rings!! Hahah
Yes first time seller and repeat buyer i have to say JOB WELL DONE once again to ken chris and the rest of there team.

I cant wait to see what the next auction brings !!

hairyangryfella
07-20-2013, 01:58 AM
I woke up to about 3-4 email reminders about the auction, and with it constantly being plastered all over this site, it's a bit of overkill...
Great if you're selling, kind of annoying if you're buying or even just browsing.

Looks like the auctions are selling well though, good luck to everyone.

GMEN92
07-20-2013, 02:42 AM
I dont think its overkill its actually what any seller would want for there item PROMOTION!!! AND REMINDERS
For those who forget...
And its good for buyers to keeps you reminded if you want to make another bid or were contemplating buying something and forgot..

Geeez FELLA DONT BE SO ANGRY... THANKS !!

ALSO im sure youb an ipdate your email preferences to not get emails and then you wouldnt have use all the energy to hit the delete button 2-3 times

GMEN92
07-20-2013, 02:45 AM
Hahah judging by all my typos im starting to fade out... auction is still going strong.
Hope everyone got what they wanted

onlyalbert
07-20-2013, 09:44 AM
I checked in at 5am central time, and it was still going. Got up this morning and none of my items picked up a bid overnight, but I went to bed and got the best nights sleep in a long time!

yanks12025
07-20-2013, 10:05 AM
I can't see how people are paying $3,000+ for a cano rookie, Cabrera rookie and $48,000 for a jeter glove.
Knowing my luck if I ever consign stuff my lots will lose money. But good ken and the auction for strong prices. Hope some people here won what they wanted.

KGoldin
07-20-2013, 11:04 AM
I checked in at 5am central time, and it was still going. Got up this morning and none of my items picked up a bid overnight, but I went to bed and got the best nights sleep in a long time!

We closed around 415....so nothing would get a bid after 5am :)

rjdgonebats
07-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Ken,

I don't understand how you can run an auction the goes into the wee hours of the next day. What is wrong with letting each lot close after no bids are registered after lets say a 1/2 hour like most other auction houses do ??

Anabolicollege17
07-20-2013, 12:45 PM
I can't see how people are paying $3,000+ for a cano rookie, Cabrera rookie and $48,000 for a jeter glove.
Knowing my luck if I ever consign stuff my lots will lose money. But good ken and the auction for strong prices. Hope some people here won what they wanted.

Did you ever see the episode of all star dealers with the guy who had a closet full of yankee gamers. Jeter world series gamers, Jeter 2009 all star jersey, ex...He consigned a Joe D at the time of show. Guy must be sitting on like 5 million in his closet alone. And that wasn't even his whole collection.

KGoldin
07-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Ken,

I don't understand how you can run an auction the goes into the wee hours of the next day. What is wrong with letting each lot close after no bids are registered after lets say a 1/2 hour like most other auction houses do ??

'most other auction houses'
lets look at the 3 other auction houses that sell the most game used after Goldin Auctions, who at this point is far and away the leader...

Lelands: entire auction closes same time, most often 5am
Grey Flannel;: entire auction closes same time, most often after 6AM!!
SCP: entire auction closes the same time, most often after 6am!

and then there is REA, which while not the biggest for game used, is the biggest for trading cards....entire auction closes the same time, often at 7am or 8am the next day!!

This is what the consignors like, and this is what most (not all) bidders like, so they can keep track of multiple items as well as get the chance to bid on other items once certain items have blown past their price level.

onlyalbert
07-20-2013, 04:11 PM
lets look at the 3 other auction houses that sell the most game used after Goldin Auctions, who at this point is far and away the leader...

and then there is REA, which while not the biggest for game used, is the biggest for trading cards....entire auction closes the same time, often at 7am or 8am the next day!!

This is what the consignors like, and this is what most (not all) bidders like, so they can keep track of multiple items as well as get the chance to bid on other items once certain items have blown past their price level.

Ken, you keep doing what you're doing, and put me down as a "like"! ;)

sportscentury
07-21-2013, 11:57 AM

Ken, you keep doing what you're doing, and put me down as a "like"! ;)

Agreed. It's Ken's auction house, so it's Ken's rules (which are pretty standard, as Ken rightly points out). That's how it works. Anyone is free to start up a new auction house with his own rules if he likes. The auction was well done and I look forward to the next one in October.

ctguy212003
07-22-2013, 05:35 AM
Did you ever see the episode of all star dealers with the guy who had a closet full of yankee gamers. Jeter world series gamers, Jeter 2009 all star jersey, ex...He consigned a Joe D at the time of show. Guy must be sitting on like 5 million in his closet alone. And that wasn't even his whole collection.

I thought I was the only one who always thinks of that episode. If his is worth 5 mil imagine what jeters collection is worth. You no he saved a bunch of jerseys at 5-8 k a piece plus his rings. And cleats and bats. He was a great stock to invest in

cohibasmoker
07-22-2013, 06:41 AM
Ken,

I agree with you and wish each lot would close separately however, it's their auction and their rules so they can run it the way they want.

Jim