PDA

View Full Version : I am sorry I will miss you at the National, but i am having a baby!

KGoldin
07-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Chris mentioned I wouldn't be there, but didn't say why. I wanted everyone to know only the most pressing personal reason would keep me from the National. My wife is due August 12th and with the date of the National so close I cant risk going and missing it. It sucks to have a 'Goldin Auctions' booth and Ken Goldin not there, but we will be there, with a full staff (plus Chris :) ) and a great promotion running, so drop by and say hello!
Ken Goldin
ken@goldinauctions.com

swainer
07-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Congrats Ken! Is this your first? I just had twin girls last October. Such a joy although my game used spending has decreased!!!!

Peace,

John

ChrisCavalier
07-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Chris mentioned I wouldn't be there, but didn't say why. I wanted everyone to know only the most pressing personal reason would keep me from the National. My wife is due August 12th and with the date of the National so close I cant risk going and missing it. It sucks to have a 'Goldin Auctions' booth and Ken Goldin not there, but we will be there, with a full staff (plus Chris :) ) and a great promotion running, so drop by and say hello!
Ken Goldin
ken@goldinauctions.com
As an FYI, the only reason it was me on the news in Southern California and not Ken is that he promised his wife he would not make any overnight trips while she is pregnant and that he would be there for her every night. Otherwise, you would have seen Ken's expertise on the news and not a rookie like me.

Personally, I have total respect for Ken keeping his commitment to his wife and think it is an inspiration for how husbands can treat their wives.

-Chris

KGoldin
07-15-2013, 04:19 PM
I have a 13 and 17 yr old daughters with my 1st wife.
This will be my 1st with my 2nd (and last) wife

rufusandherschel
07-15-2013, 09:47 PM
I would like to add my congratulations as well! Post some pics when they are available!

Dewey2007
07-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Congrats to you and your wife! My wife and I just had a little girl (our first child) on April 22nd so enjoy your little one on the way!

Ken Goldin
ken@goldinauctions.com

ChrisCavalier
07-15-2013, 11:20 PM
My wife and I just had a little girl (our first child) on April 22nd so enjoy your little one on the way!
Congratulations to you as well Dewey!

-Chris

Anabolicollege17
07-15-2013, 11:30 PM
congrats on being the first male to ever have a baby! How did it feel? Hhaha

congrats man

GMEN92
07-16-2013, 06:00 AM
Congrats Ken !! My Son Was Just Born On May 10.

Samets
07-16-2013, 06:09 AM
Congrats!

ChrisCavalier
07-16-2013, 09:44 AM
My Son Was Just Born On May 10.
Congratulations Mike!

-Chris

GMEN92
07-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Congratulations Mike!

-Chris

Thanks Chris..

sox83cubs84
07-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Glad to hear it, Chris. Despite what a few of the extreme in the hobby think, some things are more important than card shows, and this is one of them. You made a great choice, and will likley make a great dad.

Dave Miedema