PDA

View Full Version : Ugh... So Frustrating Washington Nationals Auctions

toddhead
07-10-2013, 07:05 AM
Is it just me or are the starting prices for Washington Nationals GU gear on MLB Auctions incredibly high? I can understand the Harper and Strasburg prices, but some of the other ones are a little mind boggling to me. Previous auctions have had your everyday player GU jerseys starting at $500 and sometimes as high as $750.

Am I crazy to think they are too high?

ironmanfan
07-10-2013, 11:06 AM
I guess the market will dictate this....If items are moving with those high Min. Bids, perhaps they will keep them at those levels...If they aren't moving, you'd think they would have to adjust downwards...

just a thought

toddhead
07-10-2013, 11:14 AM
They have had quite a few that didn't sell and sometimes they do relist them at a lower price. To me, it seems to makes better business sense to start them slightly lower in order to get the bidding started.

I think bidders are more willing to jump in when they know someone else feels the value is justified. For example, if MLB had started the Bryce Harper opening day jersey at $13,000 do you think anyone would have bid? Possibly, but I doubt it.

DJaeger22
07-10-2013, 01:15 PM
I wish they had more than the "star" players in their auctions. The prices are pretty high but people have already started bidding on them.