PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Wade Boggs bats on ebay from Celebz-Direct....

camarokids
07-08-2013, 07:32 PM
What are your thoughts?

A second bat is listed now.

No ball or seam marks. Just some rack marks and lots of pine tar.

The bats sure have a ton of tar for NOT having any (maybe one) ball marks or seam impressions...I see one mark, what may be an impression from a ball, see pic below.....

Pics of bat currently on ebay....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wade-Boggs-Signed-Game-Used-Blonde-B349-Louisville-Slugger-Bat-w-LOA-Devil-Rays-/400524900551?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d4124f8c7

I sent this question on the first bat that sold for $405.00.

Pics of 1st bat

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400519423320&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

"Does the bat have any ball marks or seam impressions from contact with a baseball? I only see pine tar and rack marks.
Thanks"

First response
"Let me take a closer look and get back to you with details. I'm pretty sure it does however..."

Second response
"I just took a closer look at the bat and I can't find any lace marks on it. It does have a couple indentations where a ball may have made contact but its hard to tell as those could have been made when Wade hit the bat against his cleats... Wish I could be of more help... Definitely game used however as per Wade."

TFig27
07-08-2013, 08:46 PM
This might help

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=38807&highlight=Tino

emann
07-09-2013, 01:44 AM
Funny, I noticed this too (and wish I'd bid on the 1st bat)... That 1st one had the epoxy finish and looked pretty used (but the coating resists seam marks, it's basically thick plastic), the 2nd one does not and looks like light use.

TwinLakesPark
07-09-2013, 08:14 AM
I believe they purchased 6 of these from Wade. I handled most of them the day I was there. Below is a photo of the 6 bats (pre and post signature) that Scot is selling now. In my opinion, $500 is a STEAL for these bats. Once the market settles from the flood and initial flipping of these items, they will certainly be worth much more.

http://asevotech.com/BoggsBats.jpg

You can contact Scot directly at: Scot at celebzdirect dot com

camarokids
07-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the info guys! Very interesting about the coating on the bats!!!

Nnunnari
07-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Mr. Boggs has been stretching the truth quite a bit when it comes to his game used items. I don't want to bad mouth all of the items that Scot is selling since he does have some quality items and has been a stand up guy regarding everything he has sold. All I will say is, go by what see and make your own opinions. The letter provided by Wade is not worth the paper it was written on and the inscription on some of the items is a flat out lie.

camarokids
07-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks Nick. I was thinking the same thing about Boggs. But I did not want to accuse anyone of anything. I have a 1999 Boggs bat and it shows ball scuff marks and impressions with not near as much pine tar. I am not sure if mine has the coating mentioned by BMH in another thread. Five of the bats pictured are 1998's.

Ozric
07-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Mr. Boggs has been stretching the truth quite a bit when it comes to his game used items. I don't want to bad mouth all of the items that Scot is selling since he does have some quality items and has been a stand up guy regarding everything he has sold. All I will say is, go by what see and make your own opinions. The letter provided by Wade is not worth the paper it was written on and the inscription on some of the items is a flat out lie.

Examples would be nice and educational for Boggs collectors . I have purchased a ton of stuff and have had no issues with any of it...

sox83cubs84
07-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Also remember...Boggs is a guy who would insist jerseys he was said to have worn were not real without ever seeing the items themselves...personally, my trust in Boggs' word is not at 100%.

Dave Miedema

Nnunnari
07-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Ozric- I will post an example once I am refunded my money by Celebz.

camarokids
07-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Nothing against the seller. But all the bats I have in my collection that have this much tar are loaded with ball marks. Here is another bat with tons of tar and little to no use, I see maybe one ball mark!!!!!

Thoughts????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wade-Boggs-Signed-Game-Used-Blonde-B349-Louisville-Slugger-Bat-w-LOA-Devil-Rays-/400529636641?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d416d3d21

camarokids
07-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Ozric- I will post an example once I am refunded my money by Celebz.

Hi Nick,
Please share your story!

spartanservitto
07-19-2013, 01:35 PM
I purchased a bat and it had the acrylic coating, which would
Make sense for lack of stitch impressions, arts of it have
Cracked off from impact. I was happy with my bat, and if I can get one from
Boggs, since he is the player on the bat, then it seems ok with me.

-Tony

camarokids
07-19-2013, 05:06 PM
I purchased a bat and it had the acrylic coating, which would
Make sense for lack of stitch impressions, arts of it have
Cracked off from impact. I was happy with my bat, and if I can get one from
Boggs, since he is the player on the bat, then it seems ok with me.

-Tony

But there are not even any ball marks. I can see the acrylic coating keeping the seam marks from embedding into the wood.

But wouldn't you still see marks from where the baseball is making contact? My 1999 Boggs only has a couple of seam impressions, but has many contact marks from the ball.

Can you post pics of your Boggs?

How can you tell if a bat has the coating?

emann
07-19-2013, 09:26 PM
David-

The quick way to tell is the acrylic totally covers/fills in the stamping. The bat is totally smooth.

My Edgar w/ the coating has blue ink transfers, but no seam or real noticable marks.

spartanservitto
07-20-2013, 06:32 AM
Yea exactly , it's pretty cool looking.

-Tony

Nnunnari
10-08-2013, 11:37 AM
These guys are amazing. Here's another pristine bat which is mysteriously broken.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wade-Boggs-Signed-Game-Used-B349-Louisville-Slugger-Bat-w-LOA-Devil-Rays-1-/331040314021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d138a52a5

MercyMe78
10-08-2013, 12:40 PM
These guys are amazing. Here's another pristine bat which is mysteriously broken.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wade-Boggs-Signed-Game-Used-B349-Louisville-Slugger-Bat-w-LOA-Devil-Rays-1-/331040314021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d138a52a5

couldn't they have at least brought the bats into a cage...but i guess that would take more time and effort...

genius
10-08-2013, 01:04 PM
I know nothing about game used bats so please excuse the "beginner" questions...but is it conceivable that a bat was only used in one game, and perhaps the batter only batted once or twice, and just walked or struck out, with no contact with a ball at all? Wouldn't that still be "game used"? I'm just wondering if this is ever the case especially today where players can get a new jersey and hat every game.

metsbats
10-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Is the pine tar on the bat still sticky? Boggs played his last game in 2000 so the tar should be dry in 13 years.

yanks12025
10-08-2013, 02:53 PM

Still waiting for examples you said you'd give us months ago.

Nnunnari
10-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Still waiting for examples you said you'd give us months ago.

I bought at '92 Rawlings All-Star bat. The bat arrived, it turned out to be a promo bat, heavy pine tar which was still sticky, and no game use. The bat and LOA were signed by Boggs stating the bat was game used in the '92 All-Star game. Boggs swung a LVS in the All-Star game. They sold two of these Rawlings All-Stars. These guys basically grabbed a bunch of Wade's old stuff, told him what to write on the items, printed up a stack of LOA's and had Wade sign them.
They sold a Boggs Sox jersey with his NOB as game used, are you kidding?
Boggs has no clue about the game used hobby, how much knowledge the collectors have and what is truly considered "game used."
These guys don't care about the hobby and are unethical.

obeyone10
12-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Buyers beware!!
The owner of celebz direct is none other than scot monette, who was the previous owner of authentic sports investments and elite sports marketing - both are no longer in business and have a long history of fake game used items!! Game used bats will have deep seem marks, cleat indentions, rarely seen clear writing from 'new' balls' and the tar from a 13yr old bat won't be wet looking still!

Hoosier39
12-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Buyers beware!!
The owner of celebz direct is none other than scot monette, who was the previous owner of authentic sports investments and elite sports marketing - both are no longer in business and have a long history of fake game used items!! Game used bats will have deep seem marks, cleat indentions, rarely seen clear writing from 'new' balls' and the tar from a 13yr old bat won't be wet looking still!

And to add- I find their bidding activity on their auctions to be very interesting. I'm not saying they are shill bidding, but I do think "something" is going on. I follow quite a few of their auctions and things just don't look right

Nnunnari
12-27-2013, 11:44 AM
They definitely have people bidding on their items. A lot of re-listings and just about all of their items have 10+ bids within the first day.
Some of their stuff is good. Do your homework and have a set price in mind, don't get into a bidding war.

onlyalbert
12-27-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm going to go to bat for Scot here. I've boughtba few things from, and the pricing was fair and all legit stuff. He gets his stuff from the collections of the players he signs so legitimacy should not be a prop in theory. I don't know about the stuff he puts on ebay. Seems like he tries to sell it on his site first then moves it to the bay if it doesn't sell. Haven't looked at the bids, but I think shill bidding on ebay is an absolute huge problem. And I am not saying this is happening with Scot's stuff.

earlywynnfan
12-27-2013, 02:53 PM
They definitely have people bidding on their items. A lot of re-listings and just about all of their items have 10+ bids within the first day.
Some of their stuff is good. Do your homework and have a set price in mind, don't get into a bidding war.

OR, we could just boycott sellers who shill and they'll have to find something else to do. Or is Scott the only one with Wade Boggs bats?

I know there are a lot of people who cherry pick the few quality items Coach's Corner has each month, too, then they bitch about the fraud they do unto others. Seems a little selfish, to me.

spartanservitto
12-27-2013, 05:15 PM
If every athlete is representing their items as legit and Scot is selling them then we would have a bigger issue here. It's the athletes selling their items as game used which would be a much bigger legal problem for themselves.

-Tony

danesei@yahoo.com
04-03-2014, 11:43 PM
couldn't they have at least brought the bats into a cage...but i guess that would take more time and effort...

Doing so would have constituted fraud on the part of the seller. If they sell the items as received from Boggs, they can always claim he told them the items were game used.

That said, the new owner of Celebz Direct is Chris Caronongan, apparently. At least that's the name on the return address for what I ordered. My item shows no game use, and I just emailed him regarding it. We'll see if he says it's Luis Alicea's fault.

FWIW, I expressly asked whether the item, absent Alicea's statement, would be viewed as game used, and Celebz responded that it would. I really don't see any signs of use. There's no mota stick or ball marks. There is what *might* be a single ball mark in the area between the handle and the barrel... basically the area where a bat would potentially break if hitting a MLB pitch.

The bat is signed by the player, but my opinion would be it was a bat pulled from the player's bag and given to Alicea.

danesei@yahoo.com
04-04-2014, 05:18 PM
That said, the new owner of Celebz Direct is Chris Caronongan, apparently. At least that's the name on the return address for what I ordered.

Amendment to the above...

Daniel Caronongan is the name that shows up on Paypal for who the payment was sent to, so I guess maybe the person's name might be Daniel Chris Caronongan or maybe they're brothers or father and son.

In any case, the response I got back wasn't encouraging. They essentially said that there were lots of pictures in the auction (and none showing the upper handle, so I couldn't verify before getting it in hand that there was no pine tar/moto on the bat), and the bat could have been used once or many times. Very disappointing response,s ince the seller told me before the bat was paid for that they believed it was game used. Now they're trying to pass the buck, but there's no one to pass it to, so they're saying I should have known the bat wasn't used from the pictures.

It also irks me that someone with 77% bidding activity with Celebz ran the price up by $45 or so. There was another bidder with 44% activity in the listing, as well, but I'm assuming they were just another interested party like myself.

earlywynnfan
04-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Bat is not what you were led to believe. That's what eBay's return policy is for. Don't fool with these fools, just send it back and get your refund. And never trust them again.

Nnunnari
04-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Alicea signing a blank LOA. Letter is typed at a later date when Scot returns from his trips. Do your own homework!
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z34/Nnunnari/D1AF1A4F-8694-441D-B067-06AB96BBB958_zpsx7q1jb24.jpg (http://s195.photobucket.com/user/Nnunnari/media/D1AF1A4F-8694-441D-B067-06AB96BBB958_zpsx7q1jb24.jpg.html)

MikeKam
04-04-2014, 07:17 PM
I was hoping you guys can help me with a bat I plan to purchase from Celebz Direct, I'm now a bit worried. It's a Mattingly gamer, I believe from the later part of his career. Pictures can be found here:

http://s1267.photobucket.com/user/KamiMike/library/Mattingly%20Bat?sort=3&page=1

danesei@yahoo.com
04-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Alicea signing a blank LOA. Letter is typed at a later date when Scot returns from his trips. Do your own homework!
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z34/Nnunnari/D1AF1A4F-8694-441D-B067-06AB96BBB958_zpsx7q1jb24.jpg (http://s195.photobucket.com/user/Nnunnari/media/D1AF1A4F-8694-441D-B067-06AB96BBB958_zpsx7q1jb24.jpg.html)

BTW, how was Scot not indicted along with Brad Wells for the ASI issue?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/fraud-sports-memorabilia-dealer-bradley-wells-tells-fbi-prominent-card-companies-knew-jerseys-fakes-article-1.1159317

I still find that particular article entertaining. It details Monette telling Wells to take bats to the batting cages to make them look used.

danesei@yahoo.com
04-04-2014, 07:30 PM
I was hoping you guys can help me with a bat I plan to purchase from Celebz Direct, I'm now a bit worried. It's a Mattingly gamer, I believe from the later part of his career. Pictures can be found here:

http://s1267.photobucket.com/user/KamiMike/library/Mattingly%20Bat?sort=3&page=1

Mike, I knew there were concerns with CD's shilling and whatnot before I won the bat, but after getting it, I wouldn't touch their game used bats anymore. Treat anything sold by them as autographed retail stuff.

MikeKam
04-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Mike, I knew there were concerns with CD's shilling and whatnot before I won the bat, but after getting it, I wouldn't touch their game used bats anymore. Treat anything sold by them as autographed retail stuff.

You think all (or most) of these bats are made to look like game used bats?

danesei@yahoo.com
04-04-2014, 07:47 PM
You think all (or most) of these bats are made to look like game used bats?

Honestly, no. I don't even know if Monette really is still connected to CD. The comments he's alleged (by Wells) to have made were while the two were with ASI. That's why I gave CD the benefit of the doubt. After getting a bat that would be a stretch to say "light use" (I'd say unused, but in bat bag/rack), I give them that benefit no more.

MikeKam
04-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Honestly, no. I don't even know if Monette really is still connected to CD. The comments he's alleged (by Wells) to have made were while the two were with ASI. That's why I gave CD the benefit of the doubt. After getting a bat that would be a stretch to say "light use" (I'd say unused, but in bat bag/rack), I give them that benefit no more.

I've noticed bats sold by them that have very little or nearly no use, but I'm not an expert on game used bats. Would you have any opinion on the Mattingly bat in particular? It comes from the Kurt Knudsen collection. I noticed Knudsen only pitched in 1992-94 so I'm guessing he could've asked for a bat?

earlywynnfan
04-04-2014, 07:54 PM

One question for you: what part of this thread makes you think you'd have a good transaction with these guys?

Mattingly gamers aren't that rare. They get pricey because he has a dedicated following. While this stinks if you want to add one, it also means if one is going really cheap, there is a reason why. (Think: Babe Ruth autographs!)

Ken

danesei@yahoo.com
04-04-2014, 07:57 PM
I've noticed bats sold by them that have very little or nearly no use, but I'm not an expert on game used bats. Would you have any opinion on the Mattingly bat in particular? It comes from the Kurt Knudsen collection. I noticed Knudsen only pitched in 1992-94 so I'm guessing he could've asked for a bat?

The ball marks look like what I'd consider batting practice impressions. I don't know how Mattingly takes BP, but some players will wrap tape around the barrel so they can better see where the ball is contacting the bat and protect the bat from seam separation.

BTW, Mike, this is one of the reasons why I questioned your game used bats on AML. They really don't look like gamers to me. I'm not dogging on you, it's just the items you post are questionable sometimes.

MikeKam
04-04-2014, 08:05 PM
The ball marks look like what I'd consider batting practice impressions. I don't know how Mattingly takes BP, but some players will wrap tape around the barrel so they can better see where the ball is contacting the bat and protect the bat from seam separation.

BTW, Mike, this is one of the reasons why I questioned your game used bats on AML. They really don't look like gamers to me. I'm not dogging on you, it's just the items you post are questionable sometimes.

I understand, I told CelebzDirect that I'm going to pass on this item, thanks for all your help.

As for some of my items on AML, I just want to say that I get annoyed easily haha. For ALL the higher priced items like the Bonds bat (which I sold on this forum) and Gretzky stick I try to get iron clad provenance, which is hard, or opinions from experts in the field. For both of those items, I feel 100% confident on. Also, when I checked out Gretzky's restaurant this last week, the stick looked alike ;)

Sorry if I was rude.

MikeKam
04-04-2014, 08:11 PM
Maybe I should just stick to autographs :rolleyes:

Phil316
04-04-2014, 09:30 PM
Just to confirm the worst Scot Monette is the owner of Celebz Direct

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail/OfficerRegisteredAgentName/domp-p13000084984-29b4bf2d-2b13-4901-9778-dea188a6a1c7/Monet%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20 Scot%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20J/Page1

http://images.sunbiz.org/COR/2013/1017/80923118.tif

If you are not familiar with Scot Monette you should be.

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Elite.Sports.Marketing.727-771-1332

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/iteam/sports-memorabilia-dealer-scot-monette-blast-blog-entry-1.1632318

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=89907

We can go on and on and on.

The chances you are getting taken/ripped off is pretty good if you deal with Scot Monette.

Phil316
04-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Also take note he has changed the spelling of his name. He must have missed this one though.

http://www.florida-companies-info.com/celebz-direct-inc-l9xu/

MikeKam
04-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Celebz Direct would just like to comment on the situation:

Not a problem at all in your decision Mike and I can comment on those forum remarks as well if you like as there is really nothing to hide...

First of all this is more than 10 years old stuff. Secondly, Scot has never ever been involved in any of this otherwise he would have also been in trouble. I'm sure that many collectors have an above average IQ to figure this out however judging from many of their comments it seems like their IQ is well below average. If Scot had done anything illegal, it wasn't the ignorant officer down the street but the FBI that was conducting the case. Don't you think they would have AT LEAST questioned him?? Well, NOT EVEN ONE PHONECALL! Unless you guys have zero faith in the FBI and what they're capable of then I would say that Scot was simply caught up in all of this in the same way you might have been caught up if your partner was possibly doing something wrong. And that was NOT even the case!

Regarding the articles alleging that Scot did this or that I would not be surprised if the same collectors were avid readers of The Globe or the National Enquirer as anyone can write up an article and make unsubstantiated speculations...

Additionally, here's a useful piece of information that some of these "know it all" collectors/detectives might want to know in regards to Elite, Brad Wells, ASI and all those comments... Scot and Brad originally started AUTHENTIC SPORTS INVESTMENTS (ASI). Eventually, through the course of time they had a fall out so that company was dissolved. Scot started Elite Sports that had absolutely NOTHING to do with any of this and Brad started AUTHENTIC SPORTS INC. (ASI) to retain the acronym and to lead collectors to believe that he had taken over the original ASI! Brad also started Historic Auctions and Scot had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with that company either! Whatever illegal activities may have occurred by anyone it was up to the FBI to determine; not you, me or any other "know it all" collector since we are not the experts in that field...

And here's one last piece of information also that I don't really need to share but I will anyway; CelebzDirect is doing nothing more than to continuously grow its faithful and trusting-in-what-we-do collectors database and following each and every time we send out a mass email with game used collections that no other company in the United States can access or get their hands to! Any collector can visit our home page and request to receive these emails. No one is being forced to purchase anything here!

As for our Letters of Authenticity, here's what I have to say because I really get frustrated when I see some smart ass remarks made by average IQ collectors who want to play detective and "discover" a new scam everyday so they can justify their obsession. Check our website! It is www.celebzdirect.com. On our website, if anyone is half competent to navigate it, one will realize that we are the largest company in the United States that represents retired professional athletes! We represent well over 600 names! And these are not names we copied and pasted from the internet or from some online list - anyone can do that and actually many do do that! We develop PERSONAL relationships with all of our athletes! We go to their homes, we talk to their kids, wives, girlfriends etc. We have the pics to prove that! Can anyone else say this? As for the LOAs use your brain! When I am at an athletes home in front of a game used collection that consists of hundreds of items do you expect me to also have hundreds of LOAs in my briefcase and demand that the athlete signs each and every one of them as well as spell out on each and everyone of them what each and every one of the hundreds of items is?? That process would take hours if not days and no professional athlete has the appetite to sit down and do this ESPECIALLY when they are selling out a big part of their lives/careers due to financial devastation and there's emotions involved! They want their money as quickly as possible and they want their game used items that they are attached to OUT THEIR DOOR and away from sight as soon as possible!!! So what do we do? We simply ask them to sign some blank LOAs very quickly, we take a couple of pictures of them and we're out the door! When we return to our office we fill out those LOAs as best as we can and YES many of them are COPY LOAs since as I explained before it is IMPOSSIBLE to get an athlete to sign hundreds of them! We are one of the very few companies out there that supplies their customer base and collectors with professional looking LOAs so they could display their memorabilia with pride. What is on our LOAs is a statement that the athlete has made describing each and every item we have acquired from them. Sometimes we even call them days after we have left their homes to ask for a clarification or for certain details! Can we guarantee that each and every item is what the athlete claims to be? Of course not! And yes, there is a margin of error and the possibility that a collector might be getting something that is described inaccurately... Collectors are big boys and gamblers and they should know that! Hence do your due diligence before you purchase sports memorabilia! I'm not saying we are the best out there and that we do not make mistakes but at some point this bashing has to stop and some disgruntled collectors need to give this a rest and move on!

In closing I would humbly request that you post this response on the forum for me so that we can set the record straight and please let every doubtful collector out there know that if they do not wish to work with us there are many other trustworthy companies they can go through for their sports memorabilia needs. Enough is enough! Thank you!

Nick Tsolakakis
CelebzDirect, Inc.
www.celebzdirect.com

----------------

Personally, as I've mentioned, game used items aren't my forte, but I really wanted a cool Yankees bat. I had friends who I trust tell me to avoid the bat, but that is their opinion WHICH I personally took above everything else and decided to go with that. I've bought from Celebz Direct before, and have seen tons of other stuff such as autographs (which I am familiar with) and know they are 100% authentic.

Just seems like I should stay away from GU stuff.

danesei@yahoo.com
04-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Mike, did you ask Nick about if Scot's name is Monet (like the painter) or Monette these days? Seriously, though, as I said earlier, the issues were alleged by Wells.

As for the "Scot's never been contacted by the FBI" argument... how would we know that statement is valid? Who the FBI contacts isn't public record. There would be no real way for us to know if they talked to Monette unless someone leaked the information, he was called in as a witness to testify or he was indicted for a multi-state federal offense. It's true that Monet/Monette didn't get prosecuted for anything, but that's not what they're arguing.

As for ESM, that company had problems of its own. That's why CD was founded: People stopped trusting items from Elite.

camarokids
04-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Last month I did buy two Luis Alicea team signed Cardinals game bats with no issues at all from Scott.

danesei@yahoo.com
04-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Last month I did buy two Luis Alicea team signed Cardinals game bats with no issues at all from Scott.

FWIW, I don't question the items that the athletes themselves used nor the items that are just signed. The ones I call into question are the third party usage items. It's like there were two bats that were supposedly used by ARod from Alicea, and they both looked new.

Nnunnari
08-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Did you know that Wade Boggs only cracked 5 or 6 bats in his entire career?

What a joke these people are. The definition of bush league. I must own the other 5.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?ca=3f810505-e124-4760-bbd0-d37cdd351533&c=d671d360-7844-11e3-92a9-d4ae528eb986&ch=d720b100-7844-11e3-930b-d4ae528eb986

Juicyfruit66
02-29-2016, 06:37 PM
By the sounds of his reply I'd say the "ignorant officer down the street is way more intelligent and tryst worthy than Nick Tsolakakis.

Celebz Direct would just like to comment on the situation:

Not a problem at all in your decision Mike and I can comment on those forum remarks as well if you like as there is really nothing to hide...

First of all this is more than 10 years old stuff. Secondly, Scot has never ever been involved in any of this otherwise he would have also been in trouble. I'm sure that many collectors have an above average IQ to figure this out however judging from many of their comments it seems like their IQ is well below average. If Scot had done anything illegal, it wasn't the ignorant officer down the street but the FBI that was conducting the case. Don't you think they would have AT LEAST questioned him?? Well, NOT EVEN ONE PHONECALL! Unless you guys have zero faith in the FBI and what they're capable of then I would say that Scot was simply caught up in all of this in the same way you might have been caught up if your partner was possibly doing something wrong. And that was NOT even the case!

Regarding the articles alleging that Scot did this or that I would not be surprised if the same collectors were avid readers of The Globe or the National Enquirer as anyone can write up an article and make unsubstantiated speculations...

Additionally, here's a useful piece of information that some of these "know it all" collectors/detectives might want to know in regards to Elite, Brad Wells, ASI and all those comments... Scot and Brad originally started AUTHENTIC SPORTS INVESTMENTS (ASI). Eventually, through the course of time they had a fall out so that company was dissolved. Scot started Elite Sports that had absolutely NOTHING to do with any of this and Brad started AUTHENTIC SPORTS INC. (ASI) to retain the acronym and to lead collectors to believe that he had taken over the original ASI! Brad also started Historic Auctions and Scot had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with that company either! Whatever illegal activities may have occurred by anyone it was up to the FBI to determine; not you, me or any other "know it all" collector since we are not the experts in that field...

And here's one last piece of information also that I don't really need to share but I will anyway; CelebzDirect is doing nothing more than to continuously grow its faithful and trusting-in-what-we-do collectors database and following each and every time we send out a mass email with game used collections that no other company in the United States can access or get their hands to! Any collector can visit our home page and request to receive these emails. No one is being forced to purchase anything here!

As for our Letters of Authenticity, here's what I have to say because I really get frustrated when I see some smart ass remarks made by average IQ collectors who want to play detective and "discover" a new scam everyday so they can justify their obsession. Check our website! It is www.celebzdirect.com. On our website, if anyone is half competent to navigate it, one will realize that we are the largest company in the United States that represents retired professional athletes! We represent well over 600 names! And these are not names we copied and pasted from the internet or from some online list - anyone can do that and actually many do do that! We develop PERSONAL relationships with all of our athletes! We go to their homes, we talk to their kids, wives, girlfriends etc. We have the pics to prove that! Can anyone else say this? As for the LOAs use your brain! When I am at an athletes home in front of a game used collection that consists of hundreds of items do you expect me to also have hundreds of LOAs in my briefcase and demand that the athlete signs each and every one of them as well as spell out on each and everyone of them what each and every one of the hundreds of items is?? That process would take hours if not days and no professional athlete has the appetite to sit down and do this ESPECIALLY when they are selling out a big part of their lives/careers due to financial devastation and there's emotions involved! They want their money as quickly as possible and they want their game used items that they are attached to OUT THEIR DOOR and away from sight as soon as possible!!! So what do we do? We simply ask them to sign some blank LOAs very quickly, we take a couple of pictures of them and we're out the door! When we return to our office we fill out those LOAs as best as we can and YES many of them are COPY LOAs since as I explained before it is IMPOSSIBLE to get an athlete to sign hundreds of them! We are one of the very few companies out there that supplies their customer base and collectors with professional looking LOAs so they could display their memorabilia with pride. What is on our LOAs is a statement that the athlete has made describing each and every item we have acquired from them. Sometimes we even call them days after we have left their homes to ask for a clarification or for certain details! Can we guarantee that each and every item is what the athlete claims to be? Of course not! And yes, there is a margin of error and the possibility that a collector might be getting something that is described inaccurately... Collectors are big boys and gamblers and they should know that! Hence do your due diligence before you purchase sports memorabilia! I'm not saying we are the best out there and that we do not make mistakes but at some point this bashing has to stop and some disgruntled collectors need to give this a rest and move on!

In closing I would humbly request that you post this response on the forum for me so that we can set the record straight and please let every doubtful collector out there know that if they do not wish to work with us there are many other trustworthy companies they can go through for their sports memorabilia needs. Enough is enough! Thank you!

Nick Tsolakakis
CelebzDirect, Inc.