PDA

View Full Version : Miami Marlins park help

buccofan1990
07-06-2013, 12:01 AM
Hi,

Ill be making the trip down to miami later this month to watch the Pirates and Iwas wondering if the marlins have a game used booth or area and if you can purchase ball from the game you attend. I was also wondering if there are any good spots for the visiting teams autograph.

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks in advance

Dylan

maverick14
07-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Although I live in SFla I haven't been to the new stadium since it opened up, so can't help there.
However, wanted to share this link in case you had not seen it.
Full uni of Jack Wilson: http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auctions/AuctionItem?AuctionId=78467&t=Open&p=0

MarlinsFan1993
07-06-2013, 10:57 AM
The Marlins have a team store located outside of the ballpark between the two primary entrances to the ballpark (home plate and right field line). They sell a very limited amount of game used items there, primarily balls and bats. I would recommend calling ahead and seeing if they can pull one from the game you will be attending.

If that fails let me know and I will see if any become available from that date at the Blow Out Sale in September. Last year they had several and were being sold for only $10.

The telephone number for the Marlins Team Store is (305) 480-1658.

The Ballpark is beautiful and the food is great, Enjoy!

MarlinsFan1993
07-06-2013, 11:01 AM
As far as autographs, the ballpark opens an hour and half before first pitch, which means during the visiting team's BP. You will be able to move about the ballpark unrestricted up until 20 mins or so before first pitch. The visiting team's dugout is in the 1st base side and the visiting Bullpen was moved after last year to right field. Hope this helps!

buccofan1990
07-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Thank you for all the info. I really appreciate it

Hopefully ill be able to pick something up from the games I'm going to.

Dylan

Phil316
07-07-2013, 04:30 PM
If that fails let me know and I will see if any become available from that date at the Blow Out Sale in September. Last year they had several and were being sold for only $10.

I talked to my Marlins connection and he said they are NOT having a blow out sale like previous years per say and that jerseys will be looked over and priced accordingly to the market value. Obviously coaches and issued jersey's will be cheaper but the days of finding superstar players for 10.00-50.00 is done.

MarlinsFan1993
07-07-2013, 07:48 PM
I talked to my Marlins connection and he said they are NOT having a blow out sale like previous years per say and that jerseys will be looked over and priced accordingly to the market value. Obviously coaches and issued jersey's will be cheaper but the days of finding superstar players for 10.00-50.00 is done.

Phil, read my post carefully, game used balls were $10 last year not jerseys. Jerseys last year were in the $150 to $300 range. Jerseys were limited, as I expect they will be this year. (No superstar players like Hanley and Stanton) As for the actual event, it is scheduled as a regular Blow Out Sale, and multiple contacts (like 3 people who work for the Community Foundation, who run the event) have told me that it should be no different than in previous years. I wonder who your contact is...

MarlinsFan1993
07-07-2013, 07:50 PM
As far as autographs, the ballpark opens an hour and half before first pitch, which means during the visiting team's BP. You will be able to move about the ballpark unrestricted up until 20 mins or so before first pitch. The visiting team's dugout is in the 1st base side and the visiting Bullpen was moved after last year to right field. Hope this helps!

Correction visiting Bull Pen is now in left field next to the Clevelander ;)

Phil316
07-08-2013, 12:45 AM
Sorry it was regarding employee pricing not general public pricing. Sorry for the confusion.

Phil316
07-08-2013, 12:51 AM
In previous years I have been able to get star players before they have gone on sale for a small donation. This how I built a fairly large Marlins collection. They are not doing that anymore and are pricing all jerseys regardless if employee or not are the same for the general public. My connection will remain nameless for obvious reasons.

MarlinsFan1993
07-08-2013, 10:28 AM
In previous years I have been able to get star players before they have gone on sale for a small donation. This how I built a fairly large Marlins collection. They are not doing that anymore and are pricing all jerseys regardless if employee or not are the same for the general public. My connection will remain nameless for obvious reasons.

That's good to know! Gotta love equality lol.