PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever mix replica items in with your game used collection?

esquiresports
06-24-2013, 07:42 PM
If you're like me, once you start collecting game used/worn items, it's difficult to "settle" for replica items. However, there are a couple items that just are not showing up for me. I am thinking of going with a replica jersey until (hopefully one day) one of the items becomes available for sale. Have you taken this approach? Could you bring yourself to do it?

MLB~NUT
06-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Yeah I have a Scott Rolen retail Autographed mlb authenticated home jersey with the 2006 all star game and inaugural season patches! As I had trouble finding one of his cardinals gamers!;)

Preston
06-24-2013, 10:21 PM
I won't mix them in, per se, but I do collect authentic jerseys I can get signed by players on the Titans and other teams. Though I do tend to buy authentics on players I don't have gamers on, but I will on players I do if I really like them and I get a good deal on the jersey too. Hope that makes sense!

sox83cubs84
06-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Normally, no, but I've made one exception...a retail authentic Chicago Stags warmup patterned after the ones the Chicago Bulls wore a few years ago when they suited up as the Stags for a Hardwood Classics game. It was a Christmas gift from my wife, who found it at an area Goodwill shop. (same one I found the GU Cardinals road BP jersey in more recently).

Dave Miedema

jake33
06-26-2013, 10:50 AM
I have a harsh stance that the only true sports memorabilia are the true artifacts of the particular sport. Everything else is junk.

I know you will hear people say "well I cannot afford a game used Eli manning jersey though, so i get a replica." So what, that is why it is supposed to be a a tough hobby. Is isn't supposed to be cheap or easy to get these items, that is what makes it a great hobby. The difficulty to locate and afford game used is what makes it a blast. It is not supposed to be a hobby for everyone. You either do well in the game used hobby by either hustling and being fast or just by out spending people. The majority of the time, many of us hustle and are on the ball (no pun intended) to get these items.

With that said, football game used items are not as interesting or easily attainable as baeball items. I can count on 2 hands all the legitmate game used Buccaneers helmets I have seen over the years. But fairly easy to get Rays helmets. So, I do admit that I have a small collection of riddell Mini helmets that I get signed to display by that player's game used jersey.

Anything NON game used that I have will for sure be autographed by a player tha tI do have game used items of.

jppopma
06-27-2013, 06:46 PM
I will at times buy replica items to wear around, but not too often. As for specific styles that I am looking for a player I collect. I'd rather buy a gamer of another lower player just to become familiar with the tagging and other special features. A replica does nothing for me to even reference in terms of game used collecting.