PDA

View Full Version : OK well I think I may have created a MONSTER

sportsnbikes
06-24-2013, 10:41 AM
My son turned 9 on 6/10. We went to the Royals game to celebrate and the same player who gave me my first game used bat, handed my son up one from the dugout for his special day. So we each got our first game used piece from Jeff Francoeur. He's such a nice guy. The only difference is that he is 9 and I was 41 and they were almost a year apart. Then, we went to the game yesterday and he got to be in the honorary line-up and go on the field with a player. Creating memories for my kids is one of my "things". He has a few autographs so he also tried to get Miguel Cabrera to sign a ball that day but he wasn't able to get it. Here are a few pics from that day as well as yesterday.

Samets
06-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Awesome!!!

ChrisCavalier
06-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Those look like some great memories!!!

-Chris

sportsnbikes
06-24-2013, 11:31 AM
If you see the player in the picture of him in front of the dugout, it's Francouer. I just noticed that. Funny.

dplettn
06-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Absolutely AWESOME. Way to go dad!

bgold
06-24-2013, 05:11 PM
Good stuff!! That's a great story! Frenchie has always been a class act.

frikativ54
06-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Great story with Francoeur; I've heard that he is an awesome guy. However, I can't help but have a bad taste in my mouth that Miguel Cabrera ignored your son's sign. Who does that to a kid on his birthday?

xpress34
06-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Great story with Francoeur; I've heard that he is an awesome guy. However, I can't help but have a bad taste in my mouth that Miguel Cabrera ignored your son's sign. Who does that to a kid on his birthday?

Manny Ramirez... hell, he passes up 'Make A Wish' kids with cancer not to sign.... but he wants to come back to the MLB...

Jim65
06-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Its nice to know there are still some players who get it.

MLB~NUT
06-24-2013, 08:17 PM
That's a great story, and what a great guy! Id say theres gonna be another gu member down the road!:D

sportsnbikes
06-24-2013, 08:26 PM

He was upset for a split second that Miggy wouldn't sign for him. He clearly saw the sign. He looked over at him and right at the sign several times before BP, after BP (which we were standing right behind the dugout), and during, before and after warm-ups. But, that's how it goes and that was the lesson learned about getting autographs that day. I was able to get a ball signed the following day after I had taken my kids back to their mom's house and I'm going to let him put it in his display case. It's all going to be his someday anyway. It's just not the same as him getting it himself though.

For sure Frenchy is a class act. Most personable guy in baseball that I've interacted with, IMO.

sportsnbikes
06-24-2013, 08:27 PM

PLUS how can you deny that cute lil guy in sunglasses?!! LOL!

sportsnbikes
06-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Manny Ramirez... hell, he passes up 'Make A Wish' kids with cancer not to sign.... but he wants to come back to the MLB...

Ya that's pretty bad. The worst.

My friend was completing a 2004 Red Sox WS ball and the only person left to get was Manny. The ENTIRE team had signed it. Everyone had used a blue pen and signed it all in the same direction. He threw the ball to Manny and tried to give him a pen but Manny grabs a Sharpie, turns the ball upside down opposite of all the other signatures, and signs it with the Sharpie.

What a donkey rear!!

jppopma
06-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Great story and congrats to you son. Those special memories are great to give.