PDA

View Full Version : Terry SteinBECH bat-help

Misha
06-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Hi, long story short, I bought a bunch of GU items in the late 80's related to my favorite Oakland A's all through SCD (Dick Dobbins, John Taube, Ball Park Heroes, Ball Four Sports were among those I bought from). I haven't looked at them in over 20 years because they have been in storage in the US while I live in Japan. This week visiting the US I took inventory since I couldn't even remember exactly what I had and I found this SteinBECH bat. The Internet says he used one in the 88 AS game where he was MVP and the HOF got an autographed bat from him afterwards. Can anyone comment on my bat? Thanks

metsbats
06-22-2013, 11:25 PM
Based on the knob stamping your bat is from 88 too.

Misha
06-23-2013, 01:42 AM
So he used these misspelled bats throughout the year in regular season games too? I understand the markings on the knob, model/batch/year, just wondered if they were an All-Star thing only.

metsbats
06-23-2013, 06:53 AM
That bat is a regular season bat which happens to have been stamped with Terry's last name misspelled. An ASG bat would have special stamping on the knob in place of the 161 8 (batch code and year) typically replaced with the players initials ( TS in this case) or stamped "1987 All Star Game" on the barrel.

Misha
06-24-2013, 12:44 AM
Great. Thanks for the info. Always wanting to learn more about identifying stuff