PDA

View Full Version : Ebay ".ca" trick to see offers accepted

maverick14
06-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Does changing ".com" to ".ca" no longer work to see best offer prices accepted on closed ebay listings?

frikativ54
06-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Yeah - I had noticed a couple of weeks ago that it no longer works for me. What a bummer...

sportsnbikes
06-17-2013, 01:29 PM
I have never tried it. I use a Samsung Note 2 and the app allows me to see it without any tricks.

cubbs1232
06-17-2013, 02:24 PM
If you use the ebay app on your phone it will show what the item sold for, at least it does for me.

abstractheory
06-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Why torture yourself? :D It would break my heart to see an offer accepted for just dollars over my declined one...Especially if I never received a counter :(

Wrigley2010
06-18-2013, 01:22 AM
It's only a matter of time before the mobile app gets over hauled and no longer allows the accepted best offer price to be shown. Here's the site I use to see the accepted best offer price. Just grab the auction number and paste into the box and hit the "show me whats most popular" tab.

http://www.watchcount.com/

maverick14
06-18-2013, 09:45 AM
It's only a matter of time before the mobile app gets over hauled and no longer allows the accepted best offer price to be shown. Here's the site I use to see the accepted best offer price. Just grab the auction number and paste into the box and hit the "show me whats most popular" tab.

http://www.watchcount.com/

Thanks a lot that worked for me.

PwKw13
06-18-2013, 02:44 PM
If you go into the completed listing and click on the "Print" link, it will show you the sale price.

scottishcowboy41
06-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Why torture yourself? :D It would break my heart to see an offer accepted for just dollars over my declined one...Especially if I never received a counter :(

It's handy for when Ebay sellers have many items for sale with best offers. You can see what offers the seller is accepting on sold items before making a best offer on an item you want. I did this a while back on a Cowboys game jersey. I was about to make an offer, but checked what offers the guy was accepting first on items he had sold recently. I put in an offer of a similar percentage to the accepted prices on his sold items and he accepted my offer. My offer was way lower that I would have offered had I not checked the offer accepted levels in his feedback. But I would not check a best offer on an item I would have wanted. That would be torturing yourself indeed.

maverick14
06-19-2013, 04:02 PM
If you go into the completed listing and click on the "Print" link, it will show you the sale price.

This works too, thanks alot. Much easier way as you don't have to use another site, thanks.

maverick14
06-19-2013, 04:04 PM
It's handy for when Ebay sellers have many items for sale with best offers. You can see what offers the seller is accepting on sold items before making a best offer on an item you want. I did this a while back on a Cowboys game jersey. I was about to make an offer, but checked what offers the guy was accepting first on items he had sold recently. I put in an offer of a similar percentage to the accepted prices on his sold items and he accepted my offer. My offer was way lower that I would have offered had I not checked the offer accepted levels in his feedback. But I would not check a best offer on an item I would have wanted. That would be torturing yourself indeed.

I agree with what he said as well.
As for myself, I was just curious as to how much some items that I was not interested in had sold for.
Sometimes just like knowing what the current "market value" is on certain items or players.

abstractheory
06-20-2013, 12:01 AM

From that perspective I can definitely see why you and others would do this.

Tedw9
06-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Instead of changing it to .ca change it to .in and it will show you the final price. :)

commando
08-08-2013, 12:38 PM
It will also still work if you change .com to .ch (for Germany). Danke schoen, zufrieden sammler!

camarokids
08-08-2013, 06:48 PM
The changing to .in worked for me....

kudu
08-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Here's a list of all the ebay websites around the world:

http://pages.ebay.com/aboutebay/thecompany/companyoverview.html

Not sure which ones are good or bad with regards to seeing the accepted offers.

I know the "print" link trick still works.