PDA

View Full Version : Harper Bats

yanks12025
06-17-2013, 04:12 AM
What was the deal with a seller having 5 Harper bats that sold on ebay last night. Were they actually used by him, spring training bats, game used? Two had PSA letters, one stating spring training.

swainer
06-17-2013, 08:13 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I emailed the seller asking him how he obtained the bats but didn't receive a response. Possibly could've come from the bats Bryce donated to the College of Southern Nevada. A bat described in the article sounds like a big league bat though.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/03/28/morning-pixels-bryce-harper-donates-40-bats-to-his-former-nevada-team/

sportsnbikes
06-17-2013, 11:06 AM
I was curious. I can't seem to find them anywhere on eBay.

Spiralstairs
06-17-2013, 12:12 PM
The seller told me he has a lot of Harper bats, that he bought some on eBay, and that a source with the Syracuse Chiefs gave him others.

Given that Harper has mostly (but not, I think, exclusively) used Marucci bats in the bigs, at least after his first Spring Training, I decided not to bid.

I was sort of curious about why you'd dump them all on the market at once like that. I'd think you'd do better by selling them over time.

08Cubs
06-17-2013, 06:00 PM
I have seen him use an LVS like this but not more than a handful of times. Really can only specifically remember it once, maybe twice. I don't make it a point to take note of it every time, but I do keep a regular curious eye on what he is coming out of the dugout with. Note also no bat knob sticker on these.