PDA

View Full Version : Another Manning jersey w/ sleeve problem in Historic Auctions

silverschmidts
11-17-2006, 12:30 PM
I don't know why this keeps happening, but Historic Auctions is attempting to auction another Peyton Manning "game used" jersey with the incorrect sleeve length. This one appears worse than others I've seen as the sleeves appear to be really short. Here's the link:
http://www.historicauctions.com/index.cfm?&fuseaction=search.ShowPhotos&auctionid=32925

Many of you will remember that one of our forum members did some great research on this issue, compiling photos from every game played by Manning during various seasons and conclusively showing that he never wore jerseys with shortened sleeves. Nevertheless, these jerseys keep popping up, usually with COAs from Bernie Gurnay. --Steve

kingjammy24
11-17-2006, 03:35 PM
steve, didn't you once buy a shortsleeved manning from bernie himself and were forced to return it due to this issue?

at any rate, you can't honestly be surprised by this.

rudy.

silverschmidts
11-17-2006, 05:56 PM
Yes, that's why I know about the issue. I think you were the one who did the excellent research showing that Manning jerseys shouldn't have shortened sleeves. Based upon that, I was able to return the jersey to Bernie. Also, I raised this issue with another auction house recently (Historic maybe? I've forgotten which one) and they took down an auction with one of the short sleeved mannings. I am surprised, though, that this continues to be a problem because at this point everyone knows about the issue, don't they? Certainly Bernie knows. If anyone is knowingly trying to pass off a short sleeved Manning as a gamer, they are engaging in fraud. Maybe this latest example is from a jersey that Bernie authenticated before we brought to his attention the sleeve issue. It certainly would be interesting to find out. --Steve

Eric
12-09-2006, 01:13 PM
The Manning is up to $1045