PDA

View Full Version : Goldin Auctions Sneak Preview Mode...LIVE NOW

KGoldin
06-13-2013, 08:07 PM
https://www.goldinauctions.com/

we are not announcing anywhere else.
just allowing GUU members a chance to log on and see the auction a day before the rest of the world thinks the preview is open!
ENJOY

When you get to the site, click on 'AUCTION' to enter preview
Ken Goldin
ken@goldinauctions.com

ctguy212003
06-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Looks like an awesome auction!!! I have a sweet mike Wallace home jersey so I'm curious to see what yourcsells for

Samets
06-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Good Luck to all the bidders and sellers!

sportsnbikes
06-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Great items...wish I had a ton of disposable income!

ChrisCavalier
06-13-2013, 10:47 PM
...wish I had a ton of disposable income!
Dude, this is the United States. Just follow the example of our government and borrow the money :)

-Chris

sportsnbikes
06-13-2013, 11:19 PM
LOL...ya that would be all good if I didn't have this child support bill for another 10 years.

ChrisCavalier
06-14-2013, 12:59 AM
LOL...ya that would be all good if I didn't have this child support bill for another 10 years.
Well...financially, child support trumps anything we else we may want to do with our money. Good for you for taking care of your children!!!

GMEN92
06-14-2013, 04:35 AM
https://www.goldinauctions.com/

we are not announcing anywhere else.
just allowing GUU members a chance to log on and see the auction a day before the rest of the world thinks the preview is open!
ENJOY

When you get to the site, click on 'AUCTION' to enter preview
Ken Goldin
ken@goldinauctions.com

LOOK LIKE ANOTHER GREAT JOB BY YOU AND YOUR TEAM!!
ALOT OF SWEET THINGS !!

eric16841
06-14-2013, 07:44 AM
Great auction. One of Holy Grails is in the auction hope i can be a player at it.

KGoldin
06-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Please note
We are uploading photos, tags, photo matches, and certificates all next week
So if you are a potential bidder, or a consignor, and re waiting to see the loa, or a match, or a photo of a particular spot, by the end of next week you will have it all, from the $300 items to the 1000000 items

sportsnbikes
06-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Well...financially, child support trumps anything we else we may want to do with our money. Good for you for taking care of your children!!!

That's for sure! One day, I will have my grail!

both-teams-played-hard
06-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Regarding lot number 902:

Wilson never supplied UNC shorts or jerseys during the Jordan era.

KGoldin
06-15-2013, 02:44 PM

Thanks for the info
because this particular item comes with 2 LOAs from companies/individuals who are far more knowledgeable then I am on Michael Jordan game used and UNC game used, I will forward the info to each of them and await comment.

hairyangryfella
06-15-2013, 06:49 PM
There are some very cool items in this auction. Two NFL pieces that caught my eye though are the Reggie Wayne - why is there no NFL logo? And the Stephen Jackson - there is a LOT of marking/use on a jersey that was only worn in one game (vs Redskins), a game in which he only had 17 carries (plus 8 receptions?).

Dach0sen0ne
06-15-2013, 07:01 PM
There are some very cool items in this auction. Two NFL pieces that caught my eye though are the Reggie Wayne - why is there no NFL logo?

It was a throwback jersey game and they didn't have shields on them.

KGoldin
06-15-2013, 10:58 PM
There are some very cool items in this auction. Two NFL pieces that caught my eye though are the Reggie Wayne - why is there no NFL logo? And the Stephen Jackson - there is a LOT of marking/use on a jersey that was only worn in one game (vs Redskins), a game in which he only had 17 carries (plus 8 receptions?).

17 carries, 8 targets, and looks like he was down on the ground a lot to me.
10/2/2011.
with NFL and PSA/DNA.
I see you already got your answer on the Wayne jersey

KGoldin
06-15-2013, 11:18 PM

MEARS disagrees with this statement and is standing behind their LOA. A subsequent email from the poster to me mentions that he had no first hand knowledge of the statement in his post, but had previously been told that, and perhaps was mistaken. I do remind you that I am a very active and responsive member of this forum, and perhaps if you are not 1000% sure of something, you should email before you post and hurt one of your fellow forum members consignments (the Jordan shorts, the Jackson jersey, and the Wayne jersey are all items consigned from active and well respected members of this forum, who have done their due diligence on their items, as have we.

I would like to request that if anyone has a question on any item, now or ever, you email me at ken@goldinauctions.com .

I am known to respond pretty quickly (as in seconds if I am awake and have my phone) and also can avoid situations like the Wayne jersey post where a simple look to getty images at that game would have answered the question.

I do answer 100% of all questions, suggestions, etc in an incredibly timely matter.
thanks
ken Goldin

jsage
06-16-2013, 12:32 AM
Ken -
I strongly support your comments regarding the validity of items in your auctions.
There are many members that "think" they have all the answers regarding
game use items. Only to find out that they did not do the proper research or just relating some bad information they received.
Your request for anyone that has a question to send you a direct email is the proper way for it to be handled.
Jerry Sage

hairyangryfella
06-16-2013, 04:57 AM
I am known to respond pretty quickly (as in seconds if I am awake and have my phone) and also can avoid situations like the Wayne jersey post where a simple look to getty images at that game would have answered the question.

I don't think there is any need to get a bit 'touchy' about that - something like that should probably be mentioned in the auction so that people don't question/wonder about it. Personally I wouldn't want it without the logo, though obviously it's not meant to be there.

Good luck for the auction, and to any prospective bidders.

ctguy212003
06-16-2013, 06:42 AM
MEARS disagrees with this statement and is standing behind their LOA. A subsequent email from the poster to me mentions that he had no first hand knowledge of the statement in his post, but had previously been told that, and perhaps was mistaken. I do remind you that I am a very active and responsive member of this forum, and perhaps if you are not 1000% sure of something, you should email before you post and hurt one of your fellow forum members consignments (the Jordan shorts, the Jackson jersey, and the Wayne jersey are all items consigned from active and well respected members of this forum, who have done their due diligence on their items, as have we.

I would like to request that if anyone has a question on any item, now or ever, you email me at ken@goldinauctions.com .

I do answer 100% of all questions, suggestions, etc in an incredibly timely matter.
thanks
ken Goldin

We also need to remember that Ken is prob the ONLY auction owner who will come on the forum and defend his product in a professional manner. It's in fair we even make him do this. Some people just love the negativity and to slander things if they think there right (key word think) members please remember this is a public forum. Public meaning that we all read this. If we have questions let's privately ask ken and he will research. This is how this man makes a living and puts food on the table for his family. Let's be responsible and do things the right way. This is the Only auction owner who will communicate with us we all know this. Let's not lose KEN to because we're trying to prove public points

ChrisCavalier
06-16-2013, 10:10 AM
I want to thank Ken for his responses here as well as his consistent attempts to provide helpful information to the GUU forums members. Regarding questions about the items in the auction. Please note the following forum rule, in particular the sentence in bold:

In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, the poster should clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, we recommend that the poster questioning an item attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item. In addition, while this forum is designed to help educate collectors, we will not allow comments that accuse entities in the hobby of participating in any form of criminal wrong-doing. Any posts suggesting criminal wrong-doing should be brought to the attention of the moderators immediately.

The full list of the forum rules can be found here:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=99

I can say with complete confidence that if you email Ken about an item in which you have a question you will get a reply. There are very few people I have ever met that respond as consistently and expeditiously as Ken to any email request. Therefore, I think it is clear this rule should be followed here and no more public posts be made without emailing him first and giving him a chance to reply.

Thank you in advance for your future compliance.

-Chris

Mulligans
06-16-2013, 02:05 PM

Regarding the Jackson.....

1. How could you possibly know how many games this Jersey was worn in? The date noted in the PSA database is typically the last day it was worn not usually the only day it is worn. I'm not sure anyone knows that answer....the patch could certainly have been added to another gamer as has been many times before.

2. If he did carry the ball 25 times including the receptions, do you really feel that is a "light day" in the NFL?:rolleyes:

jbsportstuff
06-16-2013, 03:42 PM
I can personally attest that Ken will go to any measure to find out issues about an item in his auction. This auction Ken modified the description on an item based on information that was brought to his attention. He made phone calls and several e-mails to get the truth. Thank you Ken!!!

hairyangryfella
06-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Regarding the Jackson.....

1. How could you possibly know how many games this Jersey was worn in? The date noted in the PSA database is typically the last day it was worn not usually the only day it is worn. I'm not sure anyone knows that answer....the patch could certainly have been added to another gamer as has been many times before.

2. If he did carry the ball 25 times including the receptions, do you really feel that is a "light day" in the NFL?:rolleyes:

In a later post I did ask the question if captain's patches would be re-sewn - I know for sure the only game the pink one was worn by Jackson was the Redskins game, and any images I found did not show that much wear.
Why are people getting so touchy? This is a public forum where you put out questions/information and hope somebody can help you understand, is it not?

Mark17
06-16-2013, 06:08 PM
In a later post I did ask the question if captain's patches would be re-sewn - I know for sure the only game the pink one was worn by Jackson was the Redskins game, and any images I found did not show that much wear.
Why are people getting so touchy? This is a public forum where you put out questions/information and hope somebody can help you understand, is it not?

This is an interesting conversation and I can see both sides. As Chris states, the policy of the forum is to contact the seller directly with any questions first, and since Ken is great about getting back to people, with detailed information, that policy is very fair and logical, especially in the case of Goldin Auctions items.

On the other hand, lots of people, including me, have, and do, ask many questions about all sorts of items. I don't think we always contact the ebay seller first (I don't, I figure people here know more than 95% of ebay sellers.) So, I don't think asking questions publicly should be, in any way, seen as something unconstructive (and I don't think anyone is saying that.)

Frankly, when someone asks a question about an item, and Ken (or anyone else) replies with a courteous, informative reply, it only strengthens the case for authenticity. The only way a member's question could harm the sale value of something would be if the question did point out a legitimate issue, or if the question was left hanging out there, unanswered. In Ken's case, and to his credit, he obviously recognizes this, and in doing so, helps the person asking the question learn something, helps all of us learn something, and helps the sale value of his stuff.

As one of my teachers once said, "If you have a question, ask it, because, guaranteed, there are others in the room wondering the same thing."

42itus
06-16-2013, 06:17 PM
This is an interesting conversation and I can see both sides. As Chris states, the policy of the forum is to contact the seller directly with any questions first, and since Ken is great about getting back to people, with detailed information, that policy is very fair and logical, especially in the case of Goldin Auctions items.

On the other hand, lots of people, including me, have, and do, ask many questions about all sorts of items. I don't think we always contact the ebay seller first (I don't, I figure people here know more than 95% of ebay sellers.) So, I don't think asking questions publicly should be, in any way, seen as something unconstructive (and I don't think anyone is saying that.)

Frankly, when someone asks a question about an item, and Ken (or anyone else) replies with a courteous, informative reply, it only strengthens the case for authenticity. The only way a member's question could harm the sale value of something would be if the question did point out a legitimate issue, or if the question was left hanging out there, unanswered. In Ken's case, and to his credit, he obviously recognizes this, and in doing so, helps the person asking the question learn something, helps all of us learn something, and helps the sale value of his stuff.

As one of my teachers once said, "If you have a question, ask it, because, guaranteed, there are others in the room wondering the same thing."

Very well said. I don't necessarily disagree with asking questions in public, because if the item is legit, the question helps to sell the item. But there's a difference between questioning an item and asking a question.

CPuente57
06-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Definitely not trying to start anything, just wanting to get clarification, as long as you aren't questioning and flat out making claims about an items authenticity, is it ok to ask the forum members their opinions about items in auctions. I am by means not even close to being an expert, but I've always liked posting questions asking what members thought about a certain item especially since like people have said in the past 3rd party authenticators such as Grey Flannel or AMI or others have gotten things wrong in the past. I've never been accusatory I usually just link and ask for thoughts and opinions as it helps me understand more and the people here are very knowledgeable.

Mulligans
06-17-2013, 08:06 AM
There is certainly no such thing as a stupid question!

That said, I think that there is a such thing as a mischievous and unnecessary post. When it was noted that the use was excessive and the OP was adamant about the fact it was only worn in 1 game......Even though the Rams wore Blue Jerseys at least 4 times prior to the date of the Jersey.

Whether you mean to or not, you are suggesting that someone could have manufactured wear on the Jersey because you are certainly highlighting the fact that the amount of wear seems fishy.

That someone is....the Rams, NFL Auctions, The Owner or the Auction House. Do you really think one of those individuals needed to fabricate use on a Jersey from NFL Auctions where a stud RB was involved in 25 of the teams plays??

My first though..."evil or not?".....Is someone trying to beat down a jersey with hopes of adding it to his collection??

hairyangryfella
06-17-2013, 02:23 PM
There is certainly no such thing as a stupid question!

That said, I think that there is a such thing as a mischievous and unnecessary post. When it was noted that the use was excessive and the OP was adamant about the fact it was only worn in 1 game......Even though the Rams wore Blue Jerseys at least 4 times prior to the date of the Jersey.

Whether you mean to or not, you are suggesting that someone could have manufactured wear on the Jersey because you are certainly highlighting the fact that the amount of wear seems fishy.

That someone is....the Rams, NFL Auctions, The Owner or the Auction House. Do you really think one of those individuals needed to fabricate use on a Jersey from NFL Auctions where a stud RB was involved in 25 of the teams plays??

My first though..."evil or not?".....Is someone trying to beat down a jersey with hopes of adding it to his collection??

Well your first thought was wrong. Since joining this site I've become slightly obsessed with photomatching items. I saw many awesome items up for auction and the Jackson was one that looked like an easy photomatch (will be above my budget anyway). I was then confused once I found that the pink Captain's patch was only worn in the Redskins game, and the amount of wear seemed more than I could see. I should probably watch the video of the game, but I thought I'd put it out on here and see if anybody could give me more info, like do they re-sew the patch on other jerseys etc?

cliffjmp33
06-17-2013, 03:20 PM
I first want to say thanks to Ken for being so open to us collectors/consumers to answer our questions. I know it benefits him too, but I think it speaks volumes for his credibility that he does take time to answer both e-mails and on here.

As for the back and forth about photomatching, Washington Post had a pretty clear photo of Jackson diving with the ball. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/files/2013/02/jackson1.jpg) The markings on the 3 seem to match up with the jersey Ken is auctioning too (https://www.goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=3886&searchby=3&searchvalue=jackson&page=1&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=2011-Stephen-Jackson-). Below are the two jersey next to each other to give a better idea of the matches. My apologies for the smaller photo, but both links should deliver you to the high-res images.

Not trying to start anything, just trying to help.

hairyangryfella
06-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Awesome stuff Jack, thanks for that.

Also just to try to clarify - this is the 'game used' discussion section, not the 'auction item' section - I was not trying to discredit any item, I just knew that Ken responded in this thread and that others could give me more info than I knew myself. In the end it seems to have worked out fine.

masp3392
06-19-2013, 01:12 AM
Regarding Lot #812 (2004 Reggie Wayne Thanksgiving jersey)

Nameplates do not match. Here's a picture from getty.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/masp3392/ScreenShot2013-06-19at21311AM_zps677aed01.png (http://s304.photobucket.com/user/masp3392/media/ScreenShot2013-06-19at21311AM_zps677aed01.png.html)

Here's an auction picture.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/masp3392/ScreenShot2013-06-19at21336AM_zps39737c09.png (http://s304.photobucket.com/user/masp3392/media/ScreenShot2013-06-19at21336AM_zps39737c09.png.html)

KGoldin
06-19-2013, 09:22 AM
I am l looking into Wayne jersey and contacting consignor and if appropriate will pull item
Thanks for finding that photo

KGoldin
06-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Lot 812 Wayne jersey has been pulled. Thanks to the picture, I was able to contact the consignor, AND BASED ON ME SENDING HIM THE PHOTO HE WAS ABLE TO GET A REFUND!!
positive outcome

ChrisCavalier
06-19-2013, 11:03 AM
Lot 812 Wayne jersey has been pulled. Thanks to the picture, I was able to contact the consignor, AND BASED ON ME SENDING HIM THE PHOTO HE WAS ABLE TO GET A REFUND!!
positive outcome
Awesome! Well done on all fronts. Thank you Brian for providing the image and thank you Ken for following up as quickly as you do. It is really nice to see the hobby benefitting from this type of interaction.

-Chris

stonedylan
06-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Sort of new at this...The Jeter game used glove - worth looking at with the LOA from PSA/DNA? I assume the Steiner hologram is only for the autograph? Thoughts? Thanks

dougiedshow
06-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Sort of new at this...The Jeter game used glove - worth looking at with the LOA from PSA/DNA? I assume the Steiner hologram is only for the autograph? Thoughts? Thanks

John Taube (bats) and Denny Esken (gloves) are generally the most respected experts in their fields. They authenticate for psa, I think their opinions are as good as any. Other companies and individuals authenticate bats, but Denny is pretty much the glove guru. I'd say its the best 3rd party opinion you'll get.

KGoldin
06-19-2013, 06:33 PM

I do not want to sound like I am a paid promoter for PSA/DNA (because I am not) but I requested permission, to post this email I received a couple hours ago about a DIFFERENT ITEM in the auction (Matt Cain glove lot 243)
I have spoken with the consignor and have received approval to continue to list the item with a revision.
Keep in mind, from Goldin Auctions perspective, we received a game used and signed glove, inscribed and MLB authenticated for signature from Matt Cain, telling us it was his 'game used glove 2010 postseason and W.S." from Matt Cain in his handwriting. Despite this, because we are cautious and knew this was a significant item, we still sent the item in to PSA/DNA for authentication.
here is what I just received.

"Ken,
Pictures labeled with 05 are from 2005. 10 from 2010.

In the 2010 photos note the color of the glove and the Mizuno logo on the wrist strp. Mizuno went to this logo in 2007. All the gloves worn by Cain from 2007 to 2010 bear the new logo. In 2006 his name is embroided on the ring finger. In 2005 the name is on the pinky finger, just like your glove.

John Taube"
He also included several photos of the glove in use during 2005.

You ask how I feel about PSA/DNA on gloves? THEY ARE THE BEST. Denny Esken has long been considered the foremost glove expert, and his pairing with Taube for the certification of gloves is of great service to all collectors. I have personally edited the description of the Cain glove, and this gives you an example of why I am extremely confident in PSA/DNA glove authentication service. I hope this helps answer the question regarding the post on Jeter (not to mention I know my consignor on that glove :) )
good luck to everyone, and we at Goldin Auctions strive to be the very definition of the phrase 'bid with confidence'. We try to be 100% accurate, and I can guarantee you personally, from the owner, if there is a case we are not, we will correct it immediately.
Ken Goldin
ken@goldinauctions.com

yanks12025
06-19-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm just curious with the Sam Crawford or the Frisch spalding bats, how they can be considered pro models when they have spalding logos stamped on the knob. I've always heard in the hobby spalding bats with logos on the knobs are store models?

KGoldin
06-19-2013, 06:52 PM
I would read the PSA letter on the Crawford bat...I think it gives an excellent response to that question