PDA

View Full Version : Photomatched to BBQ Sauce?

nevrdiez34
06-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Interesting article, I doubt anyone has photomatched a jersey to barbeque stains before!

http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/article_external/eric_hosmer_doused_with_bbq_sauce_after_walk_off_s ingle_video/13825052?linksrc=home_vv_head_13825052

escaperoyals
06-13-2013, 05:07 PM
I have NOW!
Dan

joelsabi
06-13-2013, 11:28 PM
I have NOW!
Dan

is this in your collection?

escaperoyals
06-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Yes I should have it in my hands early next week. There was alot of interest from what I heard. Now I need to get to KC to get a bottle of the sauce.
Dan

rufusandherschel
06-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Yes I should have it in my hands early next week. There was alot of interest from what I heard. Now I need to get to KC to get a bottle of the sauce.
Dan

To see if it passes the "smell' test" too ? LOL

Jags Fan Dan
06-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Will there be a thread on here at some point as to whether it's ok to taste a game used jersey or not?:confused: :D

Spiralstairs
06-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Dan
Yes, I know there were several offers -- I put in a bid myself. Congrats!

(If anyone really wants a BBQ sauce jersey, apparently Salvador Perez's jersey from the game is also available, and it has sauce staining.)

sportsnbikes
06-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Dan

If you really want a bottle, I can send you one. I live in the KC area.

bravesfanjd
06-14-2013, 10:42 PM
here is a link to buy the sauce online from the company who is making it

http://www.originaljuan.com/zarda-bbq/billys-hit-it-a-ton-bbq-sauce

escaperoyals
06-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Thanks everybody. My sister who lives in KC picked a bottle up for me tonight. Actually 2...1 to put in my display case with the jersey and 1 to put ON my brisket!

sportsnbikes
06-18-2013, 07:47 PM
here is a link to buy the sauce online from the company who is making it

http://www.originaljuan.com/zarda-bbq/billys-hit-it-a-ton-bbq-sauce

Or, here is an even better option. You can get autographs and game used stuff on this site along with the Sauce and it's for charity!

www.hititaton.org

At the bottom of this page is a link to "Visit Billy's Locker" where you can get game used stuff from Billy and other Royals players. AND, it's for charity.

happyyoungster
06-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Attended the Royals/White Sox game last night...saw these two jerseys hanging in the GU store window. Whomever purchased these jerseys has a truly unique piece of memorabilia!

escaperoyals
07-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Here is my Royals Hosmer Bar B Q sauced covered jersey. I am almost ready to hang it. I have the jersey, in with 4 pictures from the game, a bottle of the sauce, and a 7 inch digital picture/video monitor. I have 20 pictures looping along with video of the actual game winning hit and celebration, and a TV story local TV station KMBC did on the jersey.
Dan

escaperoyals
07-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Here is my Royals Hosmer Bar B Q sauced covered jersey. I am almost ready to hang it. I have the jersey, in with 4 pictures from the game, a bottle of the sauce, and a 7 inch digital picture/video monitor. I have 20 pictures looping along with video of the actual game winning hit and celebration, and a TV story local TV station KMBC did on the jersey.
Dan

CampWest
07-10-2013, 09:38 AM
I've been supporting BishopSullivan and Hit-It-A-Ton for several years with regular donations and attending certain of their events. Billy and his wife Katie have been major supporters of Bishop Sullivan, since shortly after they were called up to the big leagues. It's a good organization and glad to see them getting this attention and support.

I was off the continent for an extended period of time this summer and this whole BBQ sauce thing exploded while I was gone... I am still getting caught up on it all. Its definitely a cool and unique collectible.

FYI, Billy's sauce really is pretty good. Its a classic KC style. Tomato-based, thick, sweet, moderately spicy, pretty well balanced. All in all, I was impressed by the taste. Though I'm a sauce minimalist when it comes to smoked meats, this may become a mainstay in my sauce supply for burgers and brats and the like.