PDA

View Full Version : Packers Saints 2011 Opening Game - Game Ball

tella27
06-09-2013, 09:10 PM
I have a 2011 Packers/Saints season opener game ball. On the side it has NFL Kickoff, Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints and also Green Bay WI September 8, 2011. On the back is has Saints (meaning it was a Saints ball). I have no way to prove this ball was used in the game but it still displays very well for either a Packer fan or Saints fan - or just to throw around.

$100 shipped OBO

Email me with interest or picture requests

Chris.klarner@hotmail.com

tella27
06-10-2013, 06:23 PM
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/Celtics007/069_zps5cec7474.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Celtics007/media/069_zps5cec7474.jpg.html)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/Celtics007/070_zpsc88153a5.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Celtics007/media/070_zpsc88153a5.jpg.html)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/Celtics007/072_zps38417acc.jpg (http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Celtics007/media/072_zps38417acc.jpg.html)

tella27
06-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Sold Pending Payment

tella27
06-11-2013, 05:16 PM
SOLD - thanks to the buyer

tella27
06-13-2013, 07:02 PM
I have decided to sell my 2nd game ball from that game. Everything is the exact same as the ball pictured. First one sold but there was a lot of interest. Planned on getting it signed but don't mind selling.

$100 OBO

Email for pics or interest (looks exactly the same as one pictured)

Chris.klarner@hotmail.com

jpipes
06-14-2013, 01:19 AM
I was interested in buying this ball, and it is indeed a very nice piece, but as I have discussed with the seller it's not a game used ball. The way you can know if a ball was game used is it would be stamped by the refs who inspected it for that specific game with their unique marker. Each time it was used in a game it would have been stamped had it been used more than once. I don't see any stamps on this ball so though it's an authentic NFL ball it wasn't game used.

tella27
06-14-2013, 02:21 AM
As posted I have no proof that the ball was used in a game - although with that I want it to be know that this is not a ball that could be purchased at a retail store and that it came direct from the Saints. The prior post is misleading making it sound that it is a run if the mill authentic Duke ball - even though the price is the same as a ball purchased at a sporting goods store.

jpipes
06-14-2013, 06:31 AM
I don't believe my previous post was misleading about anything. I specifically said I was interested in the ball and that it was a very nice piece. That said because there was a possible implication that the ball may have been game used I wanted to let it be known that there are specific ways to know if a ball is game used and that this ball does not have those markers. I didn't say that this ball was something you could buy off-the-shelf or not I have no way of knowing that specifically.

cohibasmoker
06-14-2013, 06:40 AM
I don't believe my previous post was misleading about anything. I specifically said I was interested in the ball and that it was a very nice piece. That said because there was a possible implication that the ball may have been game used I wanted to let it be known that there are specific ways to know if a ball is game used and that this ball does not have those markers. I didn't say that this ball was something you could buy off-the-shelf or not I have no way of knowing that specifically.

How much for both footballs?

tella27
06-14-2013, 09:38 AM

Please stop posting on this thread - if you read the thread you will see that I have never once said this is a game used ball nor have I implied it. I listed it only for what I know it is and that's a genuine game ball from opening day - Saints stamp meaning it was for the Saints to use. I even wrote that I had no way to prove it was game used. Your posts call it an authentic NFL ball and what is considered an authentic football is one you can buy in stores. This football is not a store ball. Team marked balls - specially a season opener ball - are not balls found at your local Dicks sporting goods. If you are so in tune with markings on the balls you should know that already.

tella27
06-14-2013, 10:57 AM
2nd ball has been sold

jpipes
06-14-2013, 01:35 PM
For future reference, your original statement was:

"I have no way to prove this ball was used"

Which is different that saying it was NOT a or COULD NOT be a game used ball. That sort of statement implies an open ended possibility that you aren't sure of. My reply wasn't calling you out it was meant to offer information showing why it couldn't be game used. No need to be so defensive I was trying to be helpful to new collectors such as myself.

Congrats and the sale!

Jags Fan Dan
06-14-2013, 01:43 PM
As long as we are being informational, I would like to see an example of the markings the officials put on a ball to designate it as one that has been used. If anyone could post a photo of that, I would appreciate it as I did not know about that. Thanks!

tom1315
06-14-2013, 02:25 PM
As long as we are being informational, I would like to see an example of the markings the officials put on a ball to designate it as one that has been used. If anyone could post a photo of that, I would appreciate it as I did not know about that. Thanks!

Dan, I sent you two game used balls (pictures) with the stamps and threads marked to your email address. Any questions let me know.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Rays&Mariners
06-14-2013, 03:09 PM
I would like to see the pics also, if possible.

Thanks
Eric

tom1315
06-14-2013, 06:03 PM
I would like to see the pics also, if possible.

Thanks
Eric

Just sent them to you Eric.

Tom

Go Pack!

NC State 1981 graduate

cohibasmoker
06-15-2013, 06:52 AM
2nd ball has been sold

I bought both footballs. I read the description and emails from the Seller and I believe he did advertise them correctly. I bought them "AS IS" and don't have a problem because they are at least team-issued and for the price, I'm good with it. They are very rare footballs and are NOT offered for sale on a retail basis.

Wilson will ship dozens of footballs to the teams. The QB's will pick out the footballs they like and on game-day, the footballs will have a final inspection by the head referee. Some pass while others don't - the balls that pass are sometimes marked (depends on the referee) and the footballs that fail, are returned to the team - most end up in the practice bag.

As for referee markings, it was only last year that the NFL made it mandatory that all footballs are marked by the head referee and even with that, some refs will and do not mark footballs. Some footballs have more than a single referee marking (s) on them - why? Because some QB's are very picky about the footballs and the footballs are used for more then one (1) game.

I found a couple of scans from the game and posted them.

Jim

cohibasmoker
06-22-2013, 07:31 AM
Just received both footballs and they are pretty cool and DEFINATELY team-issued.

Jim