PDA

View Full Version : Huggins and Scott Lot No. 603 Perranoski Flannel

skyliner59
06-09-2013, 09:28 AM
Looking for Dodgers experts. Huggins has this Perranoski 1963 WS jersey for sale with what I beleive is incorrect tagging. The jersey comes with a GF auth. which is why Huggins beleives it is a good jersey.
I own a Smith from the same year and tagging is different manufacturer (McAuliffe). Also found a Moon from the same year with tagging identical to mine and GF recently sold a "65 Koufax with the same McAuliffe tagging for over $130k. Any thoughts...

http://hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=57295

sox83cubs84
06-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Looking for Dodgers experts. Huggins has this Perranoski 1963 WS jersey for sale with what I beleive is incorrect tagging. The jersey comes with a GF auth. which is why Huggins beleives it is a good jersey.
I own a Smith from the same year and tagging is different manufacturer (McAuliffe). Also found a Moon from the same year with tagging identical to mine and GF recently sold a "65 Koufax with the same McAuliffe tagging for over $130k. Any thoughts...

http://hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?itemid=57295

Like their crosstown rivals, the Dodgers, in the 1960s, used multiple manufacturers for uniforms, including in the same year. I guess that, because of the GFC LOA, Huggins & Scott didn't send me this one to review, but, unless something exists that can't be detected in the photos, I would have no problem with it. The tagging style is in line with early 1960s Spalding gamers, and everything else detectable in the photos checks out.

Dave Miedema

skyliner59
06-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Dave, thanks for the response. Question, would you also concur that the shown Koufax example and Moon, would also be just as appropriate for the time as well?

sox83cubs84
06-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Dave, thanks for the response. Question, would you also concur that the shown Koufax example and Moon, would also be just as appropriate for the time as well?

The Moon shows up as about an inch big when I use the link, so I'd need a bigger photo to offer my thoughts. I'd have to research the Koufax...the basic outlay looks good, but I'd have to check the font on the Koufax tag in comparison to another Dodgers jersey of the era to be sure on that one.

Dave M.

skyliner59
06-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Dave, the Moon is the best I can do. Easy to find however. Simply google Wally Moon 1963 game used flannel. Thanks for the help. BTW Huggins decided for a second time to go along with Grey Flannel's LOA. I am very weary of any GF LOA. Fact is, to me that is worhless paper.

sox83cubs84
06-13-2013, 03:45 PM
Skyliner:

I followed your suggestion and accessed the Moon via search engine. The tag arrangement looks pretty good to me.

Dave Miedema