PDA

View Full Version : Sending game used items in the mail to get signed

jake33
06-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Once in a while I will send out game used items directly to an athlete to get autographed. I jsut got this back in the mail yesterday....

J. Paul formerly of the Tampa Bay Rays and Angels. I sent him is 2006 locker nameplate and his 2007 used catchers helmet. He inscribed both items. Look how he inscribed "game used" on the helmet, perfect hand writing on the inside of the bill.

I am sening a batting helmet, 1997 World Series Baseball and a locker nameplate to Gregg Zaun this week, so I will see what happens with that.

Just curious if anyone else has done this? Obviously it can be risking with senidn high end game used items, so i try to be in touch with the athelete beforehand.

coxfan
06-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Congratulations! Most athletes are good about helping. But I read a sad story by a fellow who was interviewing Mickey Mantle, who showed him a lithograph of himself. He said the lithograph had been sent by a boy who asked Mantle to autograph it and return it. But Mantle liked it, so he just kept it, to the shock of the interviewer who decided not to publish the story until long after Mantle's passing.

Klattsy
06-10-2013, 08:45 PM
I posted an MiLB jersey across Australia to Matt Kennelly. I had talked with him on Twitter before, and used a contact at his home town club in Perth as a middle man and it worked out fine:
https://dl1.dropbox.com/s/nsia26o0l2xoe7l/MattKennelly2012Home-1.jpg

I sent a sketch of the NOB and wrote on it how i'd like him to sign, as well as a thank you note and he obliged. Wasn't trusting on sending a paint pen though so it was a sharpie. Hopefully it doesn't bleed. Looks better in person btw.

jake33
06-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Nice, like the Aussie auto.

Got an autographed Dallas Clark SB XLI mini helmet back from him int he mail, super fast returning too. Great guy on and off the field, was thrilled he got to be a Buccaneer even for a season.