PDA

View Full Version : Yasiel Puig HR #4....MLB not wasting any time

5toolplayer
06-07-2013, 11:33 PM
His Old Hickory Bat had 2 MLB Holograms already on it after he hit HR #4 tonight. I've only seen this done a few other times. Pretty interesting to see a bat still being used that has already been tagged by MLB. I wonder when this bat pops up on MLB.com auction :confused:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/puigphoto_zpsf890f22c.jpg (http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/5toolplayer/media/puigphoto_zpsf890f22c.jpg.html)

dangerzone79
06-08-2013, 03:40 AM
Who else have you seen that done for?

jwal23
06-08-2013, 06:28 AM
There was a thread on here a while back about the topic of MLB holos already on bats still being used in games...I know there were a few Longo bats that were mentioned somewhere, and I'm not sure of some of the other players but i know there are others out there...I actually own a Longo GU bat that that has a MLB holo on it that was worn out and can't make out the numbers on, its from the 2011 season (i have never attempted a photomatch, but don't have much time right now to do so right now)...I can try to post a few pics later on if anyone is interested...

frikativ54
06-08-2013, 02:33 PM
It was done for Justin Smoak's first hit and first home run bat that another forum member owns.

maverick14
06-08-2013, 04:28 PM
It was done for Justin Smoak's first hit and first home run bat that another forum member owns.

Speaking of which.......I replied to your wanted thread for Smoak items but guess you may not have seen it, Smoak's 1st HR bat is up for auction in Hunt's current auction.

frikativ54
06-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Speaking of which.......I replied to your wanted thread for Smoak items but guess you may not have seen it, Smoak's 1st HR bat is up for auction in Hunt's current auction.

Ah, I must have missed your reply. Thanks for letting me know; I'll keep my eye on that bat. :)

Wrigley2010
06-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Great screen shot of those holograms! This explains a couple of the items I own that look like they were poorly handled because the holograms are beat up. Always thought the previous owner stored the item incorrectly or handled it often.

jwal23
06-11-2013, 05:18 PM
don't have a photomatch from the game yet but this is what I've seen on a handful of Longo bats, this is the one I own with the holo already attached while still being used...the bat itself shows quite a bit of use so someday hopefully I'll get a chance to find it and try to possibly track how many games it was on there for...

5toolplayer
07-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Sunday 7/7/2013

MLB hologram on Puig's helmet. They must be tagging everything of his!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/puighelmetphoto_zps29fa3bb1.jpg (http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/5toolplayer/media/puighelmetphoto_zps29fa3bb1.jpg.html)

5toolplayer
07-08-2013, 11:11 PM
You don't even want to know the final price for this double hologram Old Hickory Puig bat. 1st hit, 1st HR, 1st GS

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/image_zps3c1a61b3.jpeg (http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/5toolplayer/media/image_zps3c1a61b3.jpeg.html)

flota89
07-08-2013, 11:21 PM
How many thousand haha?

carbonrosa
07-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Derek Jeter's 3000th Hit Line-up card signed with inscription sold for $25,000 through Steiner so I could only imagine what they're asking for Puig's bat and Jersey.

MLB~NUT
07-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Just post a pic of them hanging on your wall Scott!;) Ha ha...

NeonStatus
07-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Now that is an awesome bat. Are you going for the helmet and jersey?

5toolplayer
07-09-2013, 08:45 PM
I wish..hahaha

I do have a Puig GU item to post Friday :D

PS... Get Yasiel in the All Star game......VOTE PUIG now@!!!!

stitzerfse
07-10-2013, 05:27 AM
So what ARE they asking for that bat?

5toolplayer
07-10-2013, 09:29 AM
1st bat and 1st Home Jersey were sold last week. Close to 5 digits I think for the bat, even more for the jersey :eek:

YanksGameUsed
07-10-2013, 01:57 PM
1st bat and 1st Home Jersey were sold last week. Close to 5 digits I think for the bat, even more for the jersey :eek:

Where did the sale take place?

MLB~NUT
07-10-2013, 07:44 PM
5 figures, thats Retarded in soo many ways...:eek:

hfd0035
07-10-2013, 08:25 PM
5 figures, thats Retarded in soo many ways...:eek:

+1

frikativ54
07-10-2013, 08:56 PM

I usually don't vote for the ASG - I don't support the process - but I participated in the final vote this year, so Puig would not get in. With all due respect to his fans, Yasiel won't be hitting over .400 for the whole season, or for the rest of his career.

I don't understand five figures for Puig gamers, especially when you can buy several WS jerseys for the same price. What would Puig have to do in his career to maintain those values? Be Pujols, Trout, and Hamilton all rolled into one? Just a bunch of collectors buying into the hype, if you ask me.

5toolplayer
07-10-2013, 10:58 PM
IMO this is why MLB is so far behind the power curve compared to the other major sports. Puig is the new "big thing" people love seeing him play. He has over the last month made the Dodgers a team everybody wants to watch. Having him in the All Star game would bring a new younger audience into the picture. Its not always about stats and time in the league. Look at Donaldson and Beltre. Both have superior numbers compared to Machado, But people want to see the young faces, the new talent. Players like Papel slap have a hard time dealing with this but don't keep an exciting player like Puig off the roster because of his service time.

maverick14
07-10-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm with Frik on this one, I don't believe Puig is an all star.....YET, at least.
Granted the guy is on fire and has been lightning in a bottle and made the Dodgers worth watching.
But 1 amazing month doesn't make you an all-star by any means.
Just look at Justin Upton's month of April...he went CRAZY and then cooled down big time. Had we voted in April he'd be an all-star, yet now in June he is not.
Machado being in the ASG is more about his numbers than age IMO. The guy has been a doubles machine and consistently hits and gets on base.
I have him over Beltre and Donaldson even if the HRs aren't there as with the other guys.
Just my 2cents.

yanks12025
07-11-2013, 07:50 AM
I agree he is not a All-star and referring to the people paying tons for his items are stupid with money.

But in another topic with MLB going after all these ped users/cheaters. I bet say trout, Harper, puig or other top young stars got caught or failed a test I bet MLB looks the other way like they did back in the 1990's.

slam
07-11-2013, 08:38 AM
I wouldn't vote for him based on this
http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2504523

allstarsplus
07-11-2013, 08:49 AM
I wouldn't vote for him based on this
http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2504523

I heard this story too and great to hear about McGwire telling the kid how to act. Is there any truth Luis Gonzalez went there for the purpose of getting his autograph?

coxfan
07-12-2013, 08:05 AM
A similar conversation came up regarding Strassburg when he had a spectacular debut; many wanted him to be in the All-Star game although that would've been based on only a handful of rookie games. Their argument was that the game's for the fans. But my view is that the ASG is an honor for the players, and I don't think a rookie should be eligible for that honor.

Regarding Smoak, he's on a hitting tear lately. As a fan of the South Carolina Gamecocks, I was happy to read today that former gamecock Jackie Bradley was a pinch-runner at first last night, standing next to Smoak, who's also a former gamecock.

Dodgers101
07-12-2013, 11:45 AM
At a recent autograph signing just outside LA they were charging $150 just for an autograph. I would have loved to have my son go up and meet him and get his auto, but there is no way in hell I'm paying that for his auto.

jbean023
07-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Im with 5 tool on this subject, baseball is somewhat growing and a few more exciting guys like Puig is what the game needs. I don't mind his antics, his job(he is paid) to be the best baseball player possible not buddies with everyone. You read what the media posts and then judge the guy right off the bat, only those two know what was actually said other than that its hearsay. Baseball needs a jumpstart it's very sad watching highlights and seeing open seats all over the US in the first ten rows at baseball games.

Id also like to point out to the folks saying his items are insanely priced, that comes with the collecting hobby. If everything was 5 bucks the hobby wouldn't be a challenge and everyone would have game used items. Its the risk/reward, say the bat sold for 5,000 for his first HR and grand slam bat in 1951 whats that equivalent to maybe 500$-1,000$ so your telling me in 1951 if you had the chance to buy Mickey Mantle's (knowing what you know now) first HR or grand slam bat for 500$-1,000$ you wouldn't of done that. No one knew Mickey Mantle would be a future hall of famer so its the risk/reward factor. Not saying Puig is going to be Mickey Mantle but he could be, that's the fun and challenge in the hobby. If you got the Mantle bat for $500-1000$ in 1951 and sold now either you have a very nice retirement gift or you're putting your kids and grand kids through college. I understand the flooding of the market nowadays and how items are so much easier to obtain and more out there but a 1 hr and grandslam bat and jersey is one of a kind!!