PDA

View Full Version : Barry Sanders game used jersey - Grey Flannel

mdallen22
06-06-2013, 08:01 AM
I was in the hunt for this Barry Sanders jersey, but the price tag got too high. Over $22k for a 90's gamer; WOW. I know his stuff is scarce but did this set a new industry record for any Barry Sanders item? I think so.

Anyway - If the winner of this jersey is a GUU member, congratulations! You got a great piece. I have the game footage from the 10/22/1995 this jersey was worn in, and figured the winner would enjoy having a copy. Shoot me a PM and i'll be happy to send a copy your way to accompany your jersey!

Link - http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=30011&searchby=3&searchvalue=sanders&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=10%2f22%2f1995-Barry-Sanders-Detroit-Lions-Game-Used-Road-Jersey-(Photomatch)

Best,
Mike

swainer
06-06-2013, 09:28 AM
I agree the price is high but I think it may be "justified". There are so many fakes out there to find a Barry that is photomatched is VERY tough to come by. But that is a crazy amount of money. I thought it'd go for no more than 13K.

mdallen22
06-06-2013, 09:43 AM
I agree the price is high but I think it may be "justified". There are so many fakes out there to find a Barry that is photomatched is VERY tough to come by. But that is a crazy amount of money. I thought it'd go for no more than 13K.

Agreed - I believe his game used jersey is one of the most "faked" jerseys of his era. I've read threads on here stating he only wore one jersey each year in the early 90's (I think GUU members own the 91-94 jerseys.) Combine the scarcity of his items, a photomatch, and a video match I obtained, I fully anticipated paying five figures for it. Like you, I was speculating it would fall between the $10k-$15k market.

Maybe down the road the winner would be willing to sell it, I hope they give me a call when that day comes!

Mulligans
06-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Right @ where I expected it to go.....I actually thought that it could go a bit higher.

swainer
06-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Right @ where I expected it to go.....I actually thought that it could go a bit higher.

Obviously none of my business but did you win it Mulligans? I would trust your expectations over mine regarding price. I agree...if you have the cash and you want this jersey, I could see spending $25K at least. Not that he is selling but I'm sure Roger is smiling at the sales price!

Peace!

John

helmets
06-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Is this the same jersey that sold a month or two back on another - less popular auction site for less than $2000? It stated that it was sourced from a Lions front office official. It too was a 1995 - that looked identical to this one. When I saw it on GF, I thought someone bought it, photomatched it and was flipping it.

helmets
06-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Apologize. Just looked it up. It was a 1998 that sold through VSA Auctions on April 11th.

Mulligans
06-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Obviously none of my business but did you win it Mulligans? I would trust your expectations over mine regarding price. I agree...if you have the cash and you want this jersey, I could see spending $25K at least. Not that he is selling but I'm sure Roger is smiling at the sales price!

Peace!

John

I did not bid on it, but it was the only legit Sanders gamer that I had ever seen at auction. If it was mine and I net @15K after fees, I would not be doing back flips and I can only assume that GF was expecting better also. I have seen Jerseys of far less importance than the Sanders trade for well above 15K.

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
06-07-2013, 12:42 PM
I was in the hunt for this Barry Sanders jersey, but the price tag got too high. Over $22k for a 90's gamer; WOW. I know his stuff is scarce but did this set a new industry record for any Barry Sanders item? I think so.

Anyway - If the winner of this jersey is a GUU member, congratulations! You got a great piece. I have the game footage from the 10/22/1995 this jersey was worn in, and figured the winner would enjoy having a copy. Shoot me a PM and i'll be happy to send a copy your way to accompany your jersey!

Link - http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=30011&searchby=3&searchvalue=sanders&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=10%2f22%2f1995-Barry-Sanders-Detroit-Lions-Game-Used-Road-Jersey-(Photomatch)

Best,
Mike

Hi Mike.

I tried to PM you but your acct says that you are not accepting PM's...
Would you please be kind enough to email me at visualconceptsnj@aol.com

Thanks so much,
Jay

mdallen22
06-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Hi Mike.

I tried to PM you but your acct says that you are not accepting PM's...
Would you please be kind enough to email me at visualconceptsnj@aol.com

Thanks so much,
Jay

Jay - I e-mailed you back. Thanks!

Do I need to do something on my end to enable PM on the forum?

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
06-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Jay - I e-mailed you back. Thanks!

Do I need to do something on my end to enable PM on the forum?

I think it's somewhere under your account settings...

swainer
06-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Yep, its under User CP and edit options...

short84
06-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Nice jersey. I live close to Stillwater, OK and have my Jeep Wrangler serviced at the Barry Sanders dealership. The entire place is decorated with sports memorabilia -- it looks like a sport museum with pictures, helmets and jerseys displayed all around the waiting area. I have been told he drops in about once a month to visit with the employees and customers. Everyone I spoke mentioned what a really nice person he is.

short84
06-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Sorry, left a word out. Everyone I spoke TO mentioned what a really nice person he is.

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
06-09-2013, 10:02 AM
;)