PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Beyond Dugout BASEBALL BATTLE GEAR AUCTION Meet & Greet

rchimes13@yahoo.com
05-28-2013, 12:27 PM
I am the proud winner of 9 different Battle Gear auctions the last two years in which all proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project. None of the items was as meaningful to me than the Meet and Greet with founder and Cincinnati Reds AAA RHP Chad Reineke. I won the auction with plans to take my father on a road trip from Cincy to Louisville as an early Fathers Day gift and we finally took the journey this past Saturday. Spending the entire day with my dad was the best part of the event, but getting a chance to meet Chad, take in a Louisville Bats game, and checking out the Louisville Slugger Museum were pretty priceless as well. I just wanted to share my experience and urge everyone to BID BID BID next season for this WONDERFUL charity. Chad Reineke is an amazing person, normally Miami (OH) grads are ;) , and was as passionate about making this auction raise as much money as possible! Also, thanks to Beyond the Dugout owner Matt Elliott for partnering with Chad to make this event happen for the last two years. I've seen so many times people voicing their concerns (ie complaining) about high bids on some of these auctions, but when you step back from the item(s) that you are wanting for your collection and get a chance to see the passion of someone like Chad Reineke to make as much money as possible for such an amazing cause it really makes me want to bid each and every auction up! At the end of the day I was given the opportunity to meet a great person, get his 2012 game used glove, an autographed baseball, and a Bats BP hat, spend a ton of time with my pops, but the best part was knowing that what I paid for this and several other items in my collection is going to support a great cause. Can't wait for the 2014 installment of Baseball Battle Gear Auctions!!!

spartakid
05-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Awesome story!