PDA

View Full Version : Jax Jaguars gamers

Anabolicollege17
05-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Anyone know why the 2 gamers on JOs auction have weird colored NFL shields?

Its def not from bleaching thats for sure or the whole jersey would have changed color.

https://www.josportscoauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=3274&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=David-Garrard-Jacksonville-Jaguars-Game-Worn-Jersey-2010-NFL-Season

Also what are the little squares below the reebok vector? I saw them on the Nike Falcon gamers as well.

Phil316
05-25-2013, 10:10 AM
I have not seen a NFL shield logo coloring like that before. Could it be from multiple washings I wonder? Or even worn in a special game? I emailed JO and asked.

Blitzmaster
05-25-2013, 01:32 PM
More than likely, the bleach that was brushed on the jerseys got onto the shield and changed the thread color. I have a Giants Strahan jersey that was some stitching that has been bleached.

Blitzmaster
05-25-2013, 01:33 PM
they use dry bleach and brush in on before the jerseys are washed. That way the whole jersey is not soaked in it.

ctguy212003
05-25-2013, 02:34 PM
More than likely, the bleach that was brushed on the jerseys got onto the shield and changed the thread color. I have a Giants Strahan jersey that was some stitching that has been bleached.

Interested in selling the strahan jersey? Text me 860-794-1880

Anabolicollege17
05-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Ahh so maybe that explains it. The other jags jersey they have has the same thing. I figured it wasn't linked to any commemorative edition that the team did. I would strip it and add a regular colored one thats for sure. I don't like how its bleached like that. Would that be considered tampering with? Being the photo matches all show the regular colored shield?

GMEN92
05-25-2013, 10:08 PM

Hey blitz.. What year strahan do you have? Just picked up an 01 and a 07 with capt patch.. !! Posted picks in may pick ups!

Jags Fan Dan
05-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Anybody else notice that the Mathis has the "NFL" from the neck shield transposed onto the right chest / shoulder area?

Anabolicollege17
05-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Now I did, wow the shields almost look to good to be bleached. I wonder if JO has responded back. I bet they don't even know. If they did they probably would have mentioned something in the description.

BrianK
05-28-2013, 05:21 PM
There are game photos showing Jaguars with faded shields. I would not consider removing it. With work, you may even be able to photo match it.
http://www.ajmast.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/20101219_colts-v-jaguars/nas111b.jpg

NEFAN
05-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Ahh so maybe that explains it. The other jags jersey they have has the same thing. I figured it wasn't linked to any commemorative edition that the team did. I would strip it and add a regular colored one thats for sure. I don't like how its bleached like that. Would that be considered tampering with? Being the photo matches all show the regular colored shield?

Technically it would be tampering.

Anabolicollege17
05-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Yeah I wouldn't mess with it. Its a shame because If the shield were correct I would of been a player on the Gerrard.

Cubanfan
06-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Looks like the "faded shields" are common. Might need different detergent! Attached is a pic of Garrard wearing what I believe is the jersey in question. If I am correct this is the last regular season game he played in. I don't think he played the last game on Jan 2. The jersey might have been worn several times before it met the "faded shield" demise and worn 1 last time vs the Colts on Dec 19th. Check out the Jones-Drew 2011 currently in Goldin Auctions

Carlos
fernsix@aol.com

Always buying pre 1979 Miami Dolphins

CollectGU
06-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Yeah I wouldn't mess with it. Its a shame because If the shield were correct I would of been a player on the Gerrard.

This makes zero sense....The shield is correct, and you disqualified yourself from bidding for what many would consider a positive and unique distinguishing characterisitic....?

Dave

abstractheory
06-23-2013, 10:05 PM
This makes zero sense....The shield is correct, and you disqualified yourself from bidding for what many would consider a positive and unique distinguishing characterisitic....?

Dave

^^^^Exactly!

If anything, like you said, it makes it even MORE distinguishable. Something I thought game used collectors liked. I know I do.