PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Hall of Fame

geoff
05-23-2013, 10:33 PM
:) Just got back from a mini trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame.It was awesome seeing some of the stuff I dream about having but never would be able to own.I enjoyed all the stuff from guys like Wagner,Cobb,Ruth,Gehrig etc.And the plaque room is simply amazing.I do have a few things I saw though by the players from this era.Anyone that gets a chance should go as it was something I will remember forever.But I do plan to go back again in a year or 2.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

ironmanfan
05-24-2013, 08:37 AM
I'm glad you had a good time Geoff...It's been about two years since I was last there and need to get up there again sometime soon....

cruwet
05-24-2013, 11:52 AM
It doesn't get any better than the basball HOF! As a baseball fan, and a GU collector, it's absolute heaven. Cooperstown & the HOF is a trip everyone should make at least once. It's absoutely phenominal :)

BostonSportsFan
05-24-2013, 07:52 PM
:) Just got back from a mini trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame.It was awesome seeing some of the stuff I dream about having but never would be able to own.I enjoyed all the stuff from guys like Wagner,Cobb,Ruth,Gehrig etc.And the plaque room is simply amazing.I do have a few things I saw though by the players from this era.Anyone that gets a chance should go as it was something I will remember forever.But I do plan to go back again in a year or 2.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

Geofferson

You hit the nail on the head it does not get any better than the hall. I attempt to make a stop each summer in my travels up North for work and I am hoping to make another pilgramage this summer provided I don't get stuck in Eastern Europe over the next few months.

Not only is the Hall itself great but the charm of the town is just fantastic it is a must stop for any baseball fan.

Joe

momen55
05-24-2013, 08:00 PM
what is the main means of transportation to that location? where does one fly into? would i have to catch a hop from an airport to cooperstown or nearby? car rentals and hotels?

BostonSportsFan
05-24-2013, 11:06 PM
what is the main means of transportation to that location? where does one fly into? would i have to catch a hop from an airport to cooperstown or nearby? car rentals and hotels?

I would start here

http://cooperstownchamber.org/

Cooperstown while not 10 minutes from any airport is close enough to Binghamton, Albany, Syracuse as an example that you could fly into one of those cities and drive in from there.

The Chamber website will provide you with plenty of accomodations from basic motels to very quaint B & B's etc.

Also visit the HOF's own site for tips on visiting as well.

Joe