PDA

View Full Version : MLB Mother's day auction DISAPPOINTED IN RANGERS ITEMS....will more be listed ?

David Murphy collector
05-23-2013, 09:23 PM
I've noticed that the MLB hasn't listed any more Mother's day GU items since yesterday. I'm disappointed in the lack of Rangers game used items they have.....only one GU Berkman bat, Berkman gloves and Martin bat?? It looks like the rest of the Rangers items are only team issued. Does anyone know or think they will be listing more items or this all they will be listing?

brianborsch
05-23-2013, 09:23 PM
I don't know, but I'm going for the Aoki bat! :)

coxfan
05-24-2013, 06:09 AM
I have noticed that MLB.com lists only a small percentage of the game-used items that clubs have for sale. At the Rangers stadium store, open all year round, there's more available. the same is true for other clubs, even on their own websites. That 's unfortunate for out-of-town buyers. I do not know why MLB clubs don't sell more via websites, but that doesn't mean there isn't more being sold by the MLB clubs.

David Murphy collector
05-24-2013, 06:39 AM
I always thought that the MLB auction was the only place to buy the Mother's day GU items. They sell them at the ballparks as well?

packfan84
05-24-2013, 09:00 AM
As a Rangers collector I was really disappointed too. I could see them having the issued Kinsler and Cruz bats since they had the day off, but where are the rest. It I remember correctly Andrus, Garcia, Moreland, and Murphy all used pink bats and gloves. Didn't notice any of them wearing cleats though.

David Murphy collector
05-24-2013, 09:36 AM
As a Rangers collector I was really disappointed too. I could see them having the issued Kinsler and Cruz bats since they had the day off, but where are the rest. It I remember correctly Andrus, Garcia, Moreland, and Murphy all used pink bats and gloves. Didn't notice any of them wearing cleats though.

Yeah I think you are correct except for Murphy. He didn't use a pink bat this yeah because of the stupid LVS contract and the MLB saying they could only use pink LVS bats. I'd love to have his gloves though. Hopefully they will list more! I just hope that All Pro Classics didn't get them. If that's the case, everything they got will be astronomically high!

jake33
05-24-2013, 11:52 AM
In the past, MLB auctions would just list everything at once and what doesn't sell the first time, they lower the starting bid like $50 from the first cost. Then that would be it, but perhaps that has changed

coxfan
05-24-2013, 12:04 PM
The Rangers have a stadium store (the Majestic Grand Slam) that sells some game-used, authenticated Rangers' stuff. I have no way of knowing if they have Mother's Day items, since I only occasionally get to the area on family visits, but it might be worth a call. There are two other Rangers' shops in the metro-area that may have a few game-used items. Following are the phone numbers from Texasrangers.com

Grand Slam: 817-273-5001
Dallas downtown store: 214-261-5200
Ft Worth downtown store: 817-273-5128

A caution: The Grand Slam stays extremely busy during home games, since they mainly sell souvenirs with the game-used as a sideline, so you might have a better chance of getting phone info by calling at other times.

coxfan
05-24-2013, 12:37 PM
In addition to the phone numbers for stores I just gave, the Rangers sell a lot of game-used stuff at tables set up around their stadium concourse. ( This is based on my visits through 2012; I haven't been to Texas yet this year.) Those little tables aren't connected to the stores, so you can't get info through the store personnel.

Last year, they outsourced some of their most expensive game-used items to some outside company (I've forgotten their name) which jacked up the prices and sold at several stadium tables in the concourse. The Rangers' charity sometimes has tables set up, that may have some game-used stuff separate from the stores. The Rangers last year had a concourse clearance area that had a few low-end items, like bats (no stars) for $50, and stadium-used World Series banners for $70-80 or so. Unfortunately, I know of no way to find out what's available except just to come to games. Very little of this was sold on the websites, to my knowledge.