PDA

View Full Version : Decal logos on Louisville Sluggers?

godwulf
05-23-2013, 08:59 AM
I bought a batch of 2013 ST bats from one of my regular sources yesterday. (Eleven bats, 9 different bat brands - ain't Spring Training great?) Anyway, one of them has had the company logo knocked off. I've seen that kind of thing before, on D-Bats, and I think Max bats, but I can tell from all of the remaining markings (and from the shape and size of the empty space) that this is a 2013 Louisville Slugger. Not sure I've ever seen a decal logo on an H&B bat - you?

rdeversole
05-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Is it maple? LVS has used stickers/decals on their maple bats- no branding.

godwulf
05-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I don't have the bat where I am right now, but thinking about it, it probably is maple. Thanks!

BTW, one of the bats I picked up is my first Victus. A Chris Owings bat. I saw him give one to a kid in the Az Fall League, and I almost mugged the kid for it, but managed not to. I saw one being auctioned at the ballpark a couple of weeks ago - I've forgotten the player - so apparently some Major Leaguers are using them now, too.

Speaking of Louisville Sluggers, I saw something different the other day, on a bat Didi Gregorius brought over from Cincinnatti. (I wish I could post a photo, but I took a picture of it with my phone, and I haven't figured out how to download photos from my phone to my computer.) The player's name is in bold caps, with a line at either end and the model number, sidewise, on the left side, and the word "Maple" and a leaf design on the right side. The team name is in smaller letters underneath, with "[something I can't make out] Major League Baseball" in small letters above the name. It's actually pretty cool looking.