PDA

View Full Version : eBay Derrick Thomas Game Used White Chiefs Jersey

trsent
05-22-2013, 01:16 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130910404767

So what does everyone think of the jersey? They description is misleading as they state that the PSA/DNA authenticity is for the gloves and the jersey, but the PSA/DNA letter shown is only to authenticate the signature on the jersey itself. PSA/DNA doesn't authenticate game used jersey except for NFL Auctions and I have never seen them authenticate gloves.

So, any experts know how this jersey looks as far as having been worn by Derrick Thomas in a game?

Phil316
05-22-2013, 02:07 AM
The Wilson flag tag looks weird, like the way it is sewn on. Also did the Chiefs not use a swatch tag with the year ? I have seen several examples from 1992-1996 and most in not all have a white tag with year.

Phil316
05-22-2013, 02:22 AM
Here is a picture from the ebay auction and then a picture of the same jersey from PSA/DNA certificate look-up.

solarlottry
05-22-2013, 11:23 AM
On the PSA image it looks as if there is no repair mark that is present on the framed jersey. The repair mark should extend down into the PSA image if it was there when PSA evaluated the jersey. If you look at the location of the repair by using the mesh holes it would make sense that at least the bottom portion of the repair would be visible in the PSA photo.

At first glance the jersey looks good with seemingly team done repairs but I have to agree with Phil316 in that the manner in which the Wilson tag is sewn on looks odd and the lack of a year tag is also strange. I have seen a number of 1993-1994 Chiefs gamers and most had year tags. That being said I have a number of 1995 49er gamers, which was the only season that the 49ers used year tags, that do not have the tag but the shirt shows obvious use and has a team letter.

I would be careful bidding on this item. Authentic Derrick Thomas shirts are extremely difficult to find and I cannot recall seeing one over the last few years. I am not a Chiefs expert by any means but there seems to be some inconsistency with this item that might be cleared up with an email to the seller.

Always buying 49er gamers and paying a finders fee.

Paul
garciajones@ahoo.com

sox83cubs84
05-22-2013, 02:48 PM
The stitching on the Wilson tag is, to me, reason enough to avoid this piece. That thick zig-zag is not the norm for a Wilson manufacturer tag from any sport. Over the years, I've rejected jerseys sent to me for examination that have this problem, and I'd likely reject this one, also.

Dave Miedema

solarlottry
05-22-2013, 08:46 PM
There is a Derrick Thomas gamer in the current Legendary Auction. I have no idea if it is legit or not but at least it has the year tag by the Wilson tag. The Legendary shirt also has custom sleeves that are quite different than the eBay shirt. Check it out before bidding on either shirt.

Paul

kcauthentic
06-07-2013, 09:41 PM
I'm from kc and am into all things chiefs I seen this jersey displayed at Anthony Davis auction company Anthony Davis obviously played for kc and now runs an auction house I wondered what happened to this jersey I actually bid on this jersey years ago and was outbid on it I think it sold for 5000 I can't believe I missed out on it again I can tell you I know this Jersey because of the game wear and the PSA authentic tamper proof sticker it should also have the tamper proof stamp which can be viewed by a special light. I read what this guy said and I know this has to be that Jersey. Arrowhead guy who runs the walk of fame wanted this jersey donated to the walk of fame. but Derrick wanted to get monies for his charity. I know it sounds like how does this guy know so much about this jersey but this was an a
Unbelievable piece when I saw it and I would never forget a piece like that. This Jersey was according to Derrick friend was his favorite Jersey and was used off and on for several years for special games. I wouldn't doubt that someone that works for arrowhead uniform department wound up sewing that tag on. To make a long story short I hope the guy puts it up for sell. someone please alert me if it does. Thanks

Phil316
06-07-2013, 11:46 PM
Sorry your item did not reach its reserve. I think the other members are spot on in our opinions.

Blitzmaster
06-08-2013, 02:12 AM
Holy Crap kcauthentic, That was a heck of a sales pitch. Made me want to email you....er, I mean the seller and try to get him to re-list it with a $5000.00 reserve. Man, I am dying with anticipation........

Blitzmaster
06-08-2013, 02:14 AM
Wait a minute..........Is it possible that kcauthentic is really LOU LAMPSON?????????

abstractheory
06-08-2013, 02:45 AM
:D
Holy Crap kcauthentic, That was a heck of a sales pitch. Made me want to email you....er, I mean the seller and try to get him to re-list it with a $5000.00 reserve. Man, I am dying with anticipation........

kcauthentic
09-24-2013, 10:03 PM
Yeah if you think you can find him let me know. I'm going to check at arrowhead when we go to another game and check the chiefs walk of fame to see if it's there.

kcauthentic
09-25-2013, 12:18 PM
I don't appreciate being called Lou lampous you people sit behind your keyboard and with a flew strokes try to label someone I thought the rules were no inflammatory remarks. you guys who make these remarks obviously your not funny and you should be aware you never know who your dealing with on the end of your comments could cause health issues.

sportsnbikes
09-26-2013, 08:07 PM
I don't appreciate being called Lou lampous you people sit behind your keyboard and with a flew strokes try to label someone I thought the rules were no inflammatory remarks. you guys who make these remarks obviously your not funny and you should be aware you never know who your dealing with on the end of your comments could cause health issues.

Ok Junior. Did your jersey ever sell?