PDA

View Full Version : Pink bats are starting to appear at MLB.COM...

brianborsch
05-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Let the bidding begin! :)

indyred
05-21-2013, 07:10 PM
A lot of cleats are up this year as well.

frikativ54
05-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Looks like all the cleats are Under Armour, all the bats are LVS, all the necklaces are Phiten, and all the batting gloves are Franklin. I'd be interested to know if all those brands had exclusive agreements with MLB for their segment of the market, not just LVS.

frikativ54
05-21-2013, 07:33 PM
One more thing: Who decides what items the players get to keep and which ones will end up at auction?

OaklandAsFan
05-21-2013, 10:29 PM
I think with the bats the players gets to keep one and one goes to MLB. In the past the rest was supposed to go to MLB to raise money but some players manage to sneak stuff and keep it. I know 2 season ago I got Ryan Roberts mothers day cleats and he wasn't too happy that MLB sold them. From what I understand MLB execs just grabbed them from his locker right after the game and he wanted to give them to his mother. (although he didn't ask for them back or mention anything to me when I got them signed)

tony433433
05-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Those Plouffe cleats... Yeah, they'd look nice in my collection, right next to the pink mother's day baseball he signed.

salukidave
05-23-2013, 08:58 AM
How much of a premium do they carry? I just bought an Adam Dunn pink bat showing appropriate one-game use from the White Sox at their annual Garage Sale for $350. While I had it in my hand, another collector offered to buy it from me. There was only one other pink bat for sale and that was an unused Rios.

indyred
05-23-2013, 05:19 PM
How much of a premium do they carry? I just bought an Adam Dunn pink bat showing appropriate one-game use from the White Sox at their annual Garage Sale for $350. While I had it in my hand, another collector offered to buy it from me. There was only one other pink bat for sale and that was an unused Rios.

Does Dunn have MLB authenticated hologram on it? Nice pick up.

Dunn has some big time collectors I think, so his stuff can be in demand.

Did he do anything big that game. That might make it worth more and a photomatch would add value. I would think $350 is probably close to market value on it.

salukidave
05-24-2013, 09:16 AM
Does Dunn have MLB authenticated hologram on it? Nice pick up.

Dunn has some big time collectors I think, so his stuff can be in demand.

Did he do anything big that game. That might make it worth more and a photomatch would add value. I would think $350 is probably close to market value on it.

The bat is from 2011. No hologram, which I actually like. Dunn went 1 for 5 with an RBI double in the game.

brianborsch
05-25-2013, 05:11 AM
It's getting pricey! But I am determined!

mnvikingstwins
05-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Those Plouffe cleats... Yeah, they'd look nice in my collection, right next to the pink mother's day baseball he signed.

I guess I'm not the only Plouffe collector then. I've got his 9/11 GU bat signed, batting gloves, and a couple GU baseballs, but mostly go for cards. Both his 2010 supers with the rest of the rainbows, 10 plates signed, another 5 unsigned plates, and a bit of other stuff. Couldn't find any way to contact you via here, but shoot me an email if you get a chance, maybe could work out a trade or you have some extras. Email is my username here at yahoo, photobucket is same username, slightly unorganized though.

tony433433
05-28-2013, 10:27 AM
I guess I'm not the only Plouffe collector then. I've got his 9/11 GU bat signed, batting gloves, and a couple GU baseballs, but mostly go for cards. Both his 2010 supers with the rest of the rainbows, 10 plates signed, another 5 unsigned plates, and a bit of other stuff. Couldn't find any way to contact you via here, but shoot me an email if you get a chance, maybe could work out a trade or you have some extras. Email is my username here at yahoo, photobucket is same username, slightly unorganized though.

That's awesome! I have only really collected the game used stuff, too much to list individually, but contact me at voan0201(at)gmail.com. Any other Twins you collect?

brianborsch
05-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Being that the print on the balls are pink, is it reasonable to assume that bats with blue or dark ball marks were not actually used in games but rather used in BP instead?