PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Jones lakers ebay

mickeymbz
05-18-2013, 12:04 AM
There is a bad eddie jones making the rounds again on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Authentic-Eddie-Jones-Los-Angeles-Lakers-Jersey-44-L-Champion-Game-Worn-/251276818536?pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item3a8143f868#ht_405wt_1161

The NOB letter fonts are off,,, those type of lettering were not used until the 2nd half of 96/97 season. collectors beware

Phil316
05-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Any chance it could have been used/recycled in the 96/97 season and have had the name redone by the team ?? ?

sox83cubs84
05-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Any chance it could have been used/recycled in the 96/97 season and have had the name redone by the team ?? ?

If it was recycled and re-used in 1996-97 I would expect to see the metallic gold version of the NBA logo on the left chest (NBA 50th Anniversary), not the standard red/white/blue version.

Dave Miedema

Phil316
05-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Interesting Dave. I have limited knowledge in basketball gamers but looks like I learned something new. Cheers

mickeymbz
05-18-2013, 06:10 PM

absolutely not... eddie jones changed his number to #6 year or two before 96/97 season due to the retirement of #25 in honor of goodrich

mickeymbz
05-18-2013, 06:13 PM
If it was recycled and re-used in 1996-97 I would expect to see the metallic gold version of the NBA logo on the left chest (NBA 50th Anniversary), not the standard red/white/blue version.

Dave Miedema

that is true dave,, but there were games,especially early on in the season,that some players had the red,white,and blue logo where some players wore the gold logo... I let a good shaq go b/c it didnt have a gold logo,years down the road i found a pic on getty that had shaq wearing the red,white and blue logo while other players had the gold logo

ChuckFoPrez
05-19-2013, 10:59 AM

Dave Miedema

This wasn't always the case.

http://i4.minus.com/jbqWS7kr1P96JV.JPG

sox83cubs84
05-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Mickey and Chuck:

I have seen a few examples of these anomalies as well; I just would not accept such a jersey without a style-match photo such as Chuck provided for Kobe and Shaq.

Dave M.

ChuckFoPrez
05-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Dave and Mickey, speaking of the 96-97 anomalies, there was one picture I saw many moons ago...I believe it was a pic of a few Suns players. One had the regular Jerry logo, one had the Gold Jerry embroidered logo, and one had the regular Jerry logo with a Gold Jerry patch over. Just for my own confirmation, if you happen across the pic, let me know, it confounds me and at the same time awes me every time.

mickeymbz
05-23-2013, 12:37 AM
Dave and Mickey, speaking of the 96-97 anomalies, there was one picture I saw many moons ago...I believe it was a pic of a few Suns players. One had the regular Jerry logo, one had the Gold Jerry embroidered logo, and one had the regular Jerry logo with a Gold Jerry patch over. Just for my own confirmation, if you happen across the pic, let me know, it confounds me and at the same time awes me every time.

Chuck,,that is correct...there are the regular red white and blue logo,,,the machine stiched on gold logo and a gold logo patch sewn over the red white and blue machine stitched patch..such as the one i have pictured

ChuckFoPrez
05-24-2013, 06:10 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It went for $810!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

:confused:

mickeymbz
05-25-2013, 10:36 AM

lol chuck,,, not everyone a GUU member. that jones has been around the block more than once,, i was offered that a few yrs back. there is also a bad divac with same nob font,, and i believe same yr.

mickeymbz
05-25-2013, 10:44 AM

correct font

ChuckFoPrez
05-25-2013, 01:56 PM
lol chuck,,, not everyone a GUU member. that jones has been around the block more than once,, i was offered that a few yrs back. there is also a bad divac with same nob font,, and i believe same yr.

Is that the one w/ the signature on it? I think I saw that around too.

By nature I'm a vintage retail collector (1983-2002) with a couple of run-of-the-mill pro cut and the occasional signed piece, but the place has given me so much knowledge that I actually can apply that to the retail side of things...

I'm getting off topic, lol

This place has saved me time and time again from really keeping the integrity of my own collection solid, and I appreciate that.