PDA

View Full Version : Boston/New England Patriots jersey question

kings418
05-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Does anybody know if Rawlings supplied jerseys to either the Boston or New England patriots during the years those teams wore durene jerseys.

Thanks,
Vince

sox83cubs84
05-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Does anybody know if Rawlings supplied jerseys to either the Boston or New England patriots during the years those teams wore durene jerseys.

Thanks,
Vince

Probable, but I'm not sure exactly what years. I have photos in one of my files of a mid-late 1960s common player that was made by Rawlings.

Dave Miedema

kings418
05-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Hey Dave,
Thanks for the help, I am not sure if it is a Pats jersey, but it looks like some that I have seen in pictures. I just noticed the numbers on the front are 2 inches smaller that the numbers on the back. Not sure if it means anything, but that attention to detail could be a good sign.

Thanks,
Vince

G1X
05-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Vince,

The numbers on the back of football jerseys were/are typically larger than the numbers on the front. It is common for the front numbers to be in the 10" range and the numbers on the back being in the 12" range.

It appears that the Patriots were using Rawlings at some point during the 1960s based on a Pats jersey that appeared in Leland's Auction back in 2005.

Pats jerseys, as did most AFL jerseys, carried names on the back. Are there signs that a nameplate was ever on the back?

Post a few photos, or send me photos and I will try to help.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

kings418
05-14-2013, 12:19 AM
Hey Mark,
Thanks for the info., there is no sign of there ever being a name, or nameplate, on the jersey. The front numbers are 7 inches, rear numbers are 9 inches. Sounds like Boston Patriots are out, maybe New England or a college jersey. Not sure how to post pics., but I will send a couple to you.

Thanks,
Vince

kings418
05-15-2013, 12:25 AM
I wanna thank Mark, Dave and Eric for all of the assistance. Things didn't turn out as I had hoped, but I learned a lot.

Thanks again,
Vince