PDA

View Full Version : Photo matched only auction.

greg678
05-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Just an idea, but why doesn't an auction house try to have a photo-matched only auction. (I know it does not mean item is the one in the photo- so there could be bad items, but the odds would be better for the buyers.) Auction house could check tagging.
Would be an awsome catalog to check out and would create a buzz for sure.
Not saying it will ever happen, but when there are great matched items to sell and money to be made by the auction house and seller, why not.

Better than the "seller says it was game used" lines we get now.

Jags Fan Dan
05-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Just an idea, but why doesn't an auction house try to have a photo-matched only auction. (I know it does not mean item is the one in the photo- so there could be bad items, but the odds would be better for the buyers.) Auction house could check tagging.
Would be an awsome catalog to check out and would create a buzz for sure.
Not saying it will ever happen, but when there are great matched items to sell and money to be made by the auction house and seller, why not.

Better than the "seller says it was game used" lines we get now.

On the contrary, photo matched does mean it is the one in the photo. Style match is what I believe you are referring to.

greg678
05-09-2013, 11:21 AM
On the contrary, photo matched does mean it is the one in the photo. Style match is what I believe you are referring to.

Right, photo match is matching a photo to a photo. Got it.

Phil316
05-09-2013, 11:28 AM
It sounds like a great idea. The only road block I old see would be the cost to license the photos.