PDA

View Full Version : Game Use Base Inscription thoughts....

AstrosGU
05-07-2013, 09:06 PM
I have a game used base that I am looking to get signed with some inscriptions at an upcoming signing. In this game, the player in which I am wanting to sign it went 3 for 4 with 2 singles and a double.

This base, which was 1st base, was used the entire game. I was thinking about getting inscriptions of the career hit numbers.

Should I include all 3 hit numbers or just 2 of the hit numbers, since once was a double? I am not sure which way I should go, since technically it counted as a hit when he touched first base, even though it ended up a double.

coxfan
05-08-2013, 07:30 AM
I'd count all three. But I'm surprised that a first base would be used for the whole game. I thought it was standard that they're changed every three innings.

TNTtoys
05-09-2013, 10:12 PM
I'd count all three. But I'm surprised that a first base would be used for the whole game. I thought it was standard that they're changed every three innings.

I have bases in my collection that were used for 3 innings, and others that were used for the entire game. I have seen both methods before, and not sure if there are any other variations.