PDA

View Full Version : Oakland A's Game Used Items

CatcherSwag28
05-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Does anyone have a contact for the A's clubhouse game used merchandise? I was at a game earlier in the year and was told they only sold during games at the ballpark and didn't even have an email list. Any help would be appreciated.

AthleticsFan
05-05-2013, 07:22 PM
they only sold during games at the ballpark and didn't even have an email list.

That pretty much sums it up. From what I've heard, they only have the
game used stand because MLB requires them to have it.

spartakid
05-05-2013, 08:26 PM
That or the fanfest are your only real options

AthleticsFan
05-05-2013, 09:03 PM
The A's have also sold some items online via MLB.com.

CatcherSwag28
05-05-2013, 10:36 PM
That pretty much sums it up. From what I've heard, they only have the
game used stand because MLB requires them to have it.

I was afraid that was the case. I've been trying to find game used Cespedes bats or jerseys (not Jackie Robinson day) so if anyone has any for sale let me know, kupchurch126@yahoo.com.

OaklandAsFan
05-08-2013, 10:39 AM
The Athletics sell things via fanfest and charity auctions on weekend home games.

The game used stand that they have is only open during games and does not sell online or anywhere else and from what I understand is actually a separate company not affiliated with the Athletics. They also set unrealistic prices on their stuff in that stand IMO

Dodgers101
05-10-2013, 01:31 AM
How bad are the prices? Just wondering because I may make a trip up their this summer. Can you give an example.

Thanks, John

Dodgers101
05-13-2013, 10:11 AM
anyone with any info on pricing? and location of the store or kiosk? thanks, John

spartakid
05-13-2013, 11:29 AM
It was awhile ago, so I could be mistaken, but I think they had a Weeks bat for $250 and a Reddick Oaks jersey for $1200

dnrapp
05-13-2013, 11:41 PM
anyone with any info on pricing? and location of the store or kiosk? thanks, John

Most of the jerseys start at $400 and up, bats $200 and up, balls from $50. It is located behind section 120, next to the Irish Pub.

packfan84
05-15-2013, 09:25 AM
I was at the A's game last night, never made it into the store, but was wondering about the game used balls. Do they sell the home run balls that don't land in the seats? I would be interested in the Ranger homers if they are catalogued and have a hologram affixed and aren't priced ridiculously.

Also, do they sell used balls from each game? I ask this because every ball I saw the bat boy run off with went straight into a bucket, which would make it impossible to differentiate. Figured maybe they weren't selling these last night.

I ended up getting tossed a ball from Geo Soto which was used as a Derek Holland strikeout, so I was pretty stoked.

dnrapp
05-15-2013, 03:44 PM
I was at the A's game last night, never made it into the store, but was wondering about the game used balls. Do they sell the home run balls that don't land in the seats? I would be interested in the Ranger homers if they are catalogued and have a hologram affixed and aren't priced ridiculously.

Also, do they sell used balls from each game? I ask this because every ball I saw the bat boy run off with went straight into a bucket, which would make it impossible to differentiate. Figured maybe they weren't selling these last night.

I ended up getting tossed a ball from Geo Soto which was used as a Derek Holland strikeout, so I was pretty stoked.

The HR balls into the area behind the fence in CF get picked up by the grounds crew/ security and either get tossed into the stands or are kept. Unless there was some known milestone HR they won't get MLB Auth.

In the GU stand I believe you can buy balls from that days game, you have to make your request either before the start or early in the game. I don;t remember the price but it was not that bad.

AthleticsFan
05-15-2013, 10:47 PM
In the GU stand I believe you can buy balls from that days game, you have to make your request either before the start or early in the game. I don;t remember the price but it was not that bad.

Do they still offer that this year? I know they offered game used balls from that day's games late last season but I don't recall seeing it this year. I believe the price was either $50 or $75.

packfan84
05-18-2013, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the info. When you say request, does that mean I can go in before the game and say I want a ball used for a base hit or a strikeout by a certain player? Or will the just reserve a random ball from that game? Sucks about the homer balls, seems like they could make some money by slapping a hologram on those bad boys.