PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Derby

Mac670
05-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Who do you like? Any inside info?

coxfan
05-05-2013, 07:32 AM
I am seeing this after the race, but I think it is nice that the lady jockey finished 5 th of 19.

coxfan
05-05-2013, 07:46 AM
I should have clarified that I think the 5th place was a strong finish. I am a fan of women's sports in general because of my belief that individuality is all that matters among people. I don't like stereotyping in any form. My wife and I prefer women's basketball as more complex, precisely because it's below the rim; and I have heard the same view from others. But I don't pull for every female athlete, though, because it is the individual that is meaningful.

sox83cubs84
05-05-2013, 06:41 PM
I should have clarified that I think the 5th place was a strong finish. I am a fan of women's sports in general because of my belief that individuality is all that matters among people. I don't like stereotyping in any form. My wife and I prefer women's basketball as more complex, precisely because it's below the rim; and I have heard the same view from others. But I don't pull for every female athlete, though, because it is the individual that is meaningful.

I agree with your comments on womens' hoops. It seems the womens' game has more science to it and less "in your face". Although I folllow the NBA, the change of pace and style can be refreshing when watching the ladies.

Dave Miedema