PDA

View Full Version : $13 Aaron Rodgers Goodwill find (Not Mine!)

Vincent
05-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Being a Packer fan and a memorabilia collector, my mom knew I would love this story on Aaron Rodgers.
Link to story:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22183545/you-can-own-aaron-rodgers-draft-day-suit-coat-if-you-have-3k

Link to auction:
http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7075&lotNo=81940#Photo

What would you do if you found the suit jacket that Aaron Rodgers wore on the night that he was drafted just sitting there innocently on the rack at a Goodwill? Well, obviously, you'd buy it. And assuming it didn't fit you, you'd probably auction it off.

Which is exactly what is happening over at Heritage Auctions. For now, the bid is $3,000 and the next minimum offer would be $3,250.

Here's the description for this latest find from Heritage:

"The story of how our consignor obtained the suit is amazing in its own right. During a trip to the Goodwill store on West Mason Street in Green Bay, he stumbled across the highly recognizable piece and took it off the rack for closer inspection. It looked to be approximately the proper size for an NFL quarterback and, sure enough, the interior pocket tag read: 'Aaron Rogers [sic] 4/18/05.' In addition, there is also a tag for Elevee Custom Clothing of Van Nuys, Calif., the company responsible for tailoring suits for Rodgers, Adrian Peterson, Larry Fitzgerald, Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant and many others. A terrific conversation piece that the winning bidder will possibly be able to sell back to Rodgers someday, as he will undoubtedly need another nice suit coat to accept a future MVP award as head man in Titletown."

A few questions: 1. Did Rodgers donate his suit to Goodwill? I guess that's the likeliest explanation, but it seems a little strange, doesn't it? 2. Do you really want to wear the suit coat that's tainted by the fact that Rodgers had to sit in the green room forever before the Packers mercifully called his name with the No. 24 pick? If there has been a failure of Rodgers' career, this just became the biggest symbol for it. 3. If you win it, do you wear it? Or, do you, like, frame it, like you might a jersey and hang it on your wall?

The bidding continues through Friday for those who are interested.

NeonStatus
05-02-2013, 06:42 PM
That is an interesting story. How about all of the donated items that the game used community misses out on when a non enthusiast purchases a game used item at a thrift shop and just uses it as a work shirt.