PDA

View Full Version : Jerseys for Autographs

Hntjohnson
05-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Hoping you guys can hellp me out on how to buy jerseys to get signed. I know this forum is for game used items, but there are a lot of members that may be able to help me out. Also, this forum is much more active than the autograph one.

Tom Glavine is going to be at the Tristar show in Houston and I would like to have him sign an authentic Majestic jersey.

I'm having trouble finding an authentic home white braves jersey with his name and number on it. I had planned to get one from MLB shop, but they will not sell jerseys with retired players names on them.

I also thought of buying a plain white authentic, then getting numbers and his name stitched on them. This seems doable, but I wasn't sure who the best manufacturer of numbers is. I had heard of Eastern Lettering before, but their reviews (especially under pro patches on eBay) were pretty bad.

There were also some "authentics" on eBay for 199.99 which may be okay, but I'm. Bit hesitant about them.

What would you do if you wanted an signature of a retire player on an authentic player?

Thanks to all!

DJaeger22
05-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Honestly, never do business with Eastern Lettering. I bought two kits from them in early December. They showed up two months later with no tracking. They would not respond to any emails I sent them. When the kits finally did show up, one was the wrong color so I emailed and they actually said to ship it back and they'd get one out right away.

That was back in February and I still haven't received the kit. Pretty annoying when I wanted to have my jersey finished in January.

I'd stay far far away from them if you can.

Bondsgloves
05-02-2013, 09:57 AM
I might be able to help. I have some authentic Jersey Numbers. If you want I am sure I have a Braves #4. I can ship to you ASAP. and you can get it signed and than have a Jersey made up for you.

klbaseball@aol.com

Hntjohnson
05-02-2013, 08:02 PM
I might be able to help. I have some authentic Jersey Numbers. If you want I am sure I have a Braves #4. I can ship to you ASAP. and you can get it signed and than have a Jersey made up for you.

klbaseball@aol.com

Thanks for that offer. I'd need both numbers and the name though.

Do you know where you've purchased numbers from in the past? How's the quality?