PDA

View Full Version : Game used Boston Strong

Vincent
04-26-2013, 01:58 PM
If you haven't seen the Boston Strong auctions, you might want too. Props to the MLB and Red Sox Organization for raising money, in a big big way.

http://redsox.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/feature.d2w/report?wl=33072944&smidx=2&sig0=sort&sig1=search&sort=term&search=RSF

bravesfanjd
04-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Its an amazing auction It's the only auction I don't mind items being way priced out of my budget because the money is going to such a great cause.

yanks12025
04-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Is any mlb doing a fund or auction for the Texas explosion victims and families. 14 people died and over 200 injured and many homes destroyed, yet the media doesn't care about them.

yanks12025
04-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Just read a article Boston fund is up to over 26 million, while Texas fund is under 1 million.

emann
04-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Is any mlb doing a fund or auction for the Texas explosion victims and families. 14 people died and over 200 injured and many homes destroyed, yet the media doesn't care about them.

Are you a trolling Yankee fan?

Boston was an intentional attack at a sporting event and maybe MLB considers that more of a direct connection to them and their fanbase than an accidental explosion at a fertilizer plant.

The Texas accident was horrible, but didn't have the same evil undertones and intentions as Boston. BTW: the reason the death toll wasn't higher in Boston was that the first responders were mostly trained medical staff from the race, comparing death tolls as the measurement for tragedy is shortsighted.

cubbs1232
04-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Lets hope this money raised goes towards those who need it and not the pockets of the ones running it like most "charities". Lord knows the other "charity" most professional teams support (Susan G Kohmen) is a joke.

kellsox
04-26-2013, 06:00 PM

Ridiculous post. It's not the media' s job to "care" or raise $. The Red Sox are auctioning the jerseys through mlb.com- their way of raising money to help the victims of a terrorist attack at a major sporting event in the heart of a city on a state holiday in which many of the spectators each year go to a red sox game then walk over to the finish line ( I can keep going on....). It has nothing to do with Texas or vise versa.

yanks12025
04-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Ridiculous post. It's not the media' s job to "care" or raise $. The Red Sox are auctioning the jerseys through mlb.com- their way of raising money to help the victims of a terrorist attack at a major sporting event in the heart of a city on a state holiday in which many of the spectators each year go to a red sox game then walk over to the finish line ( I can keep going on....). It has nothing to do with Texas or vise versa.

Ridiculous post?? Lets see I 1. Asked a simple question whether mlb was doing a fund or auction. 2. Never did I say it was the "medias job to care or raise money. But whenever I turn the news on or listen to my morning talk show, they only discuss the boston bombing and nothing of the victims from Texas.

Yes the boston bombing was intentional, while the Texas was accident but bother were a tragedy and each had many victims that deserve help.

Mulligans
04-26-2013, 08:40 PM
http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgrfnbr=68656285&cgmenbr=12717464&sort_order=edatea&sord=0&sort=&GO_SEARCH=&textsearch=&au_nbr=&shlogid=&minprice=&maxprice=&au_type=&status=&category_select=&gallery=&resstat=&wl=&cid=3&sord=0&sort=&InitialPaginateTag=&TotalRowsEver=69&TotalPagesEver=4&pc=1&cval=&nxtrfnbr=

Just a glimpse of what the NHL is doing also.

MLB~NUT
04-27-2013, 12:59 AM
I clicked the link, didnt have any of the B Strong patch jerseys!:confused: Are they auctioning any of those? Thanks

Wrigley2010
04-27-2013, 01:45 AM
I clicked the link, didnt have any of the B Strong patch jerseys!:confused: Are they auctioning any of those? Thanks

Link for the most expensive David Ortiz gamer ever. Great cause and I have to believe that F-bomb brought the price of this jersey even higher.

http://redsox.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=7848885&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=7848885

solarlottry
04-27-2013, 02:43 AM
The owners of the fertilizer plant should pay for ALL of the victims from the plant explosion as the plant itself had over 100X (and it may have been even more than 100X) the normal amount of highly combustable fertilizer stored there without any proper permits.

Both are tragedies but to compare the two is ridiculous. One was a terrorist attack during a famous marathon whereas the accident in Texas was completely avoidable. The people responsible for the Texas tragedy are the plant owners and operators as they knew what they had stored and how dangerous it is/was!

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

Mulligans
04-27-2013, 05:17 AM
[QUOTE=MLB~NUT;322009]I clicked the link, didnt have any of the B Strong patch jerseys!:confused: Are they auctioning any of those? Thanks[/

Yes, they are on the site.....they show up when I hit the link? 3 Teams are auctioning them off. I was very lucky to get one of the Bruins Jerseys outside of the auction.

joelsabi
04-28-2013, 01:42 AM
Link for the most expensive David Ortiz gamer ever. Great cause and I have to believe that F-bomb brought the price of this jersey even higher.

http://redsox.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=7848885&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=7848885

The current high bidder is bigPAPI. Wonder if he's trying to buy his own jersey.