PDA

View Full Version : J.J. Watt Texans jersey - PLEASE READ.

LandRunSports
04-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Hey guys,

I rarely post or comment on this site, but I do frequent it daily. I received the following email from co-worker today (please see below).

"In case you haven’t heard, Bill James will be leavingLiberty so he can focus on his many cancer treatments and medications that he’srequired to take. His last day will be on Tuesday, April 23rd. We want to give him a GRAND send-off on Tuesday, which will include a pot-lucklunch and a gift from everyone here.

If you are able and willing to help contribute to a J.J.Watt Texans jersey, please bring the money to me. If you would like tohave it done via payroll deduction, let me know as well. The total costof the jersey, with shipping, is $145.00. That would be about $6 a pieceif everyone participates."

Thanks!
Brett Bessey

I was told the jersey is being purchased from FansEdge.com. I for one do not collect NFL game-worn jerseys and I have no idea who J.J. Watt is. I do, however, collect Oklahoma game-worn jerseys.

My question, does anyone have access to a J.J. Watt "game-worn" jersey? I have worked with Bill James for 8 years and we've become good friends, I would like to give him something special ...other than a retail jersey.

I appreciate the help.

Brian Wilson
210-663-8800 or brian@landrunsports.com

Vikings_Collector
04-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Judging by the price this is not a game worn jersey. I'm sure a Watt game worn jersey would be far more expensive than that. Watt is a linebacker for the Texans. Had a great rookie campaign last year.

Vikings_Collector
04-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Sorry just re-read your message. I'll keep an eye out for one. Haven't seen one as of yet.

ctguy212003
04-18-2013, 06:41 PM
The last Jim watt game worn jersey went for 6000 on nfl,com

LandRunSports
04-18-2013, 07:34 PM
The last Jim watt game worn jersey went for 6000 on nfl,com

HOLY SMOKES! Ouch!

paul457
04-18-2013, 09:11 PM
The only suggestion I would make, if you want to get something special, is buy one of the newer Nike authentic 'Elite' jerseys, maybe from nflshop.com or something. They are ~$250 but it's about as close as you'll get to a game jersey for a reasonable price.

Never dealt with fansedge, but lots of places out there selling knockoffs. Not many places sell authentic Nike jerseys. Given the circumstances I'd probably say spend an extra $1-2 per employee, get the top-of-the-line retail jersey, and get it right from a reputable shop.

Good luck with everything!

ChrisCavalier
04-18-2013, 09:11 PM
HOLY SMOKES! Ouch!
I think if you give him a game used Watt jersey you guys will become even better friends ;)

UTeric3232
04-19-2013, 11:31 AM
and I have no idea who J.J. Watt is.

really???

He is only the unanimous NFL Defensive Player of the Year. But ya, his GU jerseys have been going for thousands...

gingi79
04-19-2013, 06:36 PM
I think if you give him a game used Watt jersey you guys will become even better friends ;)

I know of several dowries that were less valuable. Just sayin' :cool: