PDA

View Full Version : The Pros vs. NCAA

Clemson2004
04-17-2013, 12:32 AM
I have seen a few threads and thoughts on this, but I was just wondering, who here collects just NCAA, or just professional? Do you collect both? If so which one are you more passionate about? Do you collect a certain player, team, or Div/Conference? I mainly collect NCAA football, specifically Clemson and Georgia Southern (soon to be in the Sun Belt) and do not have a specific player that I collect, but like to focus on record holders, etc.

beaglegypsy003
04-17-2013, 03:26 AM
I collect football jerseys of any player connected with the University of Hawaii. My collection includes UH, NFL, USFL, WLAF, Arena, CFL, etc. I really don't have a preference if it is college or pro.

coxfan
04-17-2013, 10:11 AM
With college baseball being really big at the U of South Carolina, I've suggested they auction g-u baseball stuff. But the idea's being ignored, except for two dugout lineup cards from 2011, which each brought around $300. But ball-hawking's really picked up here since the Gamecocks won the 2010-11 College World Series, finished #2 in 2012, and set NCAA records for most consecutive NCAA Tournament wins (22) and consecutive College World Series wins (12). I have the impression they give a lot of postseason balls, etc. to players and staff. The bottom line is that they're
missing out on a big potential market until they loosen up.

That being so, I collect MLB-authenticated items bought directly from the clubs.

ousooner_85
04-17-2013, 11:12 AM
I collect Oklahoma Sooner items both college and pro, mainly football but dabble in basketball and baseball as well. I generally prefer the college gear but won't turn down a good buy on a players pro gamer.

halzeus
04-17-2013, 10:13 PM
I pretty much only collect University of Michigan items. My wife and I both graduated from Michigan. I am trying to collect each style worn during the regular season, not bowl jerseys.

I prefer linemen numbers.

my collection: www.mywolverines.com

agg111
04-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Texas A&M game used memorabilia. Also some pro jerseys and helmets of former Aggies.

gaytorhater703
04-18-2013, 01:56 PM
LSU game used items. Geaux Tigers

michaellechner
04-18-2013, 02:22 PM
I collect Georgia Bulldogs game used.

If I had the opportunity to pick up some NFL jerseys from notable alumni, I would probably do so.

cyclonenation
04-20-2013, 10:24 AM
I collect Iowa State gear. Mostly college gear but I do have a Jeff Hornacek pro gamer.

www.cyclonejerseys.com

TBTwinsFan
04-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Baseball is pretty much professional. I wouldn't count out buying a college jersey, but I would need to know who wore it.

Hockey is both, although I prefer college.

I don't have much football, but I would probably stick with Michigan stuff (as long as I know who wore it).

AGMGR95
05-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Texas A&M game used memorabilia. Also some pro jerseys and helmets of former Aggies.

I collect Team Issued Texas A&M Football helmets as well...