PDA

View Full Version : Opinions / HELP on MLB authentication Murphy Playoff GU jersey

David Murphy collector
04-15-2013, 08:26 PM
I just picked up this 2011 David Murphy jersey that is authenticated to ALDS game 4 on 10/4/2011, ALCS games on October 12th and 13, 2011. Upon looking at the wash tag, I see that is has all of the authenticated games written on it, but it also has " W6" written on it as well.
What do you guys think about this? It is a grey jersey which the Rangers wore in WS game 6 and it does have the WS patch on it. Ive owned one other Playoff/WS jersey and no games except the games mentioned in the MLB authentication were marked on the wash tag. I also currently own another Murphy WS jersey and it also has just has the WS markings on the wash tag that correspond with the MLB authentication. It is also authenticated to a regular season game, but that game is not written on the wash tag.
I know the authenticators make errors from time to time and I am wondering if maybe they did the same thing here? It looks as if the jersey was washed after ALCS game 5 due to the fading of the ink, and due to the brightness of the "W6", I am wondering if maybe it was worn during that game and not washed afterwards due to authentication?
Does anyone know if the team marks the wash tags to identify the games in which items like this were used or does the authenticator do that? It would be awesome to find out that this is a WS gamer. If anyone could shed some light on this, I would really appreciate it. I would also like to hear any opinions that you guys have.

Im always looking for David Murphy gamers !