PDA

View Full Version : Mears, March 30 auction

Flamechicken
04-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Just checking to see if anyone has received a lot from Mears' most recent auction. I won a lot, paid for it on March 31 and it hasn't arrived yet. The last e-mail correspondence I've been able to get from them was on April 4, saying that they would check with the shipping dept. and get back to me. They haven't responded to 2 emails since.

Thanks,
Mike

cohibasmoker
04-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Just checking to see if anyone has received a lot from Mears' most recent auction. I won a lot, paid for it on March 31 and it hasn't arrived yet. The last e-mail correspondence I've been able to get from them was on April 4, saying that they would check with the shipping dept. and get back to me. They haven't responded to 2 emails since.

Thanks,
Mike

I'm with you - paid for items on the 31st and haven't gotten anything as of today's date - 4-15-2013

bgold
04-15-2013, 12:23 PM
Although my shipping experience with Mears has been fine in the past (not terribly fast but not terribly slow either), as I have won many lots from them, their communication is and always has been HORRIBLE! It seems like only one person actually check emails and they don't even bother to respond, regardless if you're a customer or a consignor! That's unacceptable from any auction house or website, especially one of Mears stature. I recently contacted another auction house about an issue I had and I was taken care of immediately! I have already taken my consignment items elsewhere, not that I consign a huge amount, but I still purchase from Mears, although this year their auctions have been utterly subpar as compared to the past. I hope you are reading this Mears staff, especially Troy and Kim, you need to step up your game, as you can see, your loyal costumers are getting pretty upset and that is never good for business...

bgold
04-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Obviously meant customers, my clown collecting and comic book outfits have yet to find an outlet:rolleyes::p

mearsauctions
04-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Members of GUF,

I just wanted to address the comments regarding recent MEARS customer service. As always, it is understandable that customer service should be top priority of MEARS.

Regarding Mikes post, I take responsibility for the delay in shipping. The letter of provenance from the consignor was misplaced, and a replacement will be here tomorrow. I have overnited the jersey today for tomorrow, and have refunded both your shipping and insurance. I will overnite the letter of provenance upon receipt. Our shipping department should have contacted you to give you an update. They did not want to ship the jersey without the letter of provenance. I take full responsibility for the way this was handled.

To Jim, not sure of what the issue is, but we are looking into it ASAP. Please call me at 414 828 9990 or email me at troy@mearsonline.com

If any other customers have any concerns, please contact me direct.

Regards, Troy

hairyangryfella
04-15-2013, 04:24 PM
I just want to chime in and say that the one time I bought from Mears I was impressed with the customer service - even to the point where they shipped a replacement LOA express mail (without charging me a cent), which I didn't think was necessary, thus they exceeded expectation. Troy was very helpful to deal with. Congrats on winning whatever it was you purchased :)

esquiresports
04-15-2013, 04:52 PM
This is really nice to see. I recently spent several thousand dollars on a couple items with a different auction house. I FedEx priority mailed a bank check to them. No communication until 18 days later when I inquired as to status. It coincidentally was going out that day (glad I finally contacted them). I still had to pay $63 in shipping and they sent it ground! Not impressed. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. Again, this was NOT Mears. Props to Troy and Mears.

onlyalbert
04-15-2013, 07:05 PM
I won a single $50 bat in the last two auctions. They wanted to charge me $19 for shipping/ins. I sent Kim an email stating I was not happy about this, and she replied they woul ship it for $12 sans the ins per my request. Good comm good cuts serv. Troy does a nice auction.

commando
04-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Anyone who has worked at a business that has huge peak times (auction houses, the post office or retail stores before the holidays, etc.) knows that Murphy's Law is alive and well. With that being said, how does the business make up for it? MEARS is always one of the best when these problems arise, and thankfully they don't happen very often.

cohibasmoker
04-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Members of GUF,

I just wanted to address the comments regarding recent MEARS customer service. As always, it is understandable that customer service should be top priority of MEARS.

Regarding Mikes post, I take responsibility for the delay in shipping. The letter of provenance from the consignor was misplaced, and a replacement will be here tomorrow. I have overnited the jersey today for tomorrow, and have refunded both your shipping and insurance. I will overnite the letter of provenance upon receipt. Our shipping department should have contacted you to give you an update. They did not want to ship the jersey without the letter of provenance. I take full responsibility for the way this was handled.

To Jim, not sure of what the issue is, but we are looking into it ASAP. Please call me at 414 828 9990 or email me at troy@mearsonline.com

If any other customers have any concerns, please contact me direct.

Regards, Troy

Troy,

Got my items today - many thanx

Flamechicken
04-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Troy,
I also received my item today...thanks.

Mike