PDA

View Full Version : How accurate is the MLB authentic program?

Kid4hof03
11-10-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm just curious if anyone has had any trouble with the MLB authentic program? I got a jersey today that is registered wrong. The jersey is from 2002, tagged properly, but the MLB system has the wrong player attributed to the jersey. In fact, the player that they have in the system didn't even make his MLB debut until 2005 which brings up a lot of questions for me. When was this thing registered anyway?

Also, has anyone had any trouble with the registered game dates for throwback jerseys? Just curious.

Thanks,
Abe

kylehess10
11-11-2006, 02:55 AM
I'm just curious if anyone has had any trouble with the MLB authentic program? I got a jersey today that is registered wrong. The jersey is from 2002, tagged properly, but the MLB system has the wrong player attributed to the jersey. In fact, the player that they have in the system didn't even make his MLB debut until 2005 which brings up a lot of questions for me. When was this thing registered anyway?

Also, has anyone had any trouble with the registered game dates for throwback jerseys? Just curious.

Thanks,
Abe

I've heard a few other times about MLB Authentication messing up like this. If you contact them at authentication@website.mlb.com (authentication@website.mlb.com) then they should be able to fix it for you

kellsox
11-11-2006, 08:05 AM
I've never had success using that email. It is next to impossible to get in contact with anyone from authentication. I have several items- some bought directly from teams- with mlb holograms whose serial numbers are not even in the database. Please keep us updated on any progress with your situation
kelly

Kid4hof03
11-11-2006, 10:49 AM
I tried that e-mail yesterday and it was returned saying that the inbox was full. I'll keep trying and see what happens.

Abe

Spiezio23
11-14-2006, 09:13 AM
From my understanding of the program. Each team has a regional rep. that is responsible for that teams items. Each person is given sheets of these MLB authentic stickers and I'm guessing a laptop or some sort of info logging device as well. The team calls this rep. when they have items to be certified authentic with the MLB sticker. It is then the job of the rep. to then later on go into the database and update all of these stickers so they have an ID as to what the item it was for.

My guess is that it's quite obvious some reps. did not do their job and the program is probably so far behind there's no way to catch up now and fix the old mistakes. I'm not surprised the inbox is full by now.

I have many items that are not in the database or have contradicting info such as a Game Used bat when the player didn't appear in any MLB games that year. The bat was certainly used, but by whom and when.. we'll never know.