PDA

View Full Version : Game worn blanks

Bigweasel
04-09-2013, 10:02 PM
I have quite a few game worn de-numbered jerseys...I am afraid if I get rid of some, some people may try to make them into star player jerseys fraud entry...but I'd love to share with some honest collectors...also have all the nameplates. As a collector what is your advice for an honest newbie to the board

Tyrcha
04-10-2013, 08:33 AM
You mean like this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Wilson-Chicago-Bears-Dick-Butkus-jersey-size-48-/111049843724?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item19db16240c

TNTtoys
04-10-2013, 01:12 PM
I have quite a few game worn de-numbered jerseys...I am afraid if I get rid of some, some people may try to make them into star player jerseys fraud entry...but I'd love to share with some honest collectors...also have all the nameplates. As a collector what is your advice for an honest newbie to the board

If the jerseys are de-numbered and then re-numbered with a different number, it is usually fairly easy to tell that there has been a replacement. When numbers come off, they normally leave stitch marks, residue, discoloration and slight damage to the fabric (due to glue, etc).

Bigweasel
04-10-2013, 04:13 PM
A couple have pulls, most don't have any marks besides game wear. Some even have the reebok NFL jock tag sewn in the back cause they were modified to not need to be tucked in. I think they are cool, but don't want to see some unscrupulous people making them into something they are not.