PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Jerseys for sale.

project 4
04-09-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm new to selling GU stuff so I'm looking for advice from those who have been around longer on the best way to do this. I have several Kevin Kolb jerseys, 1 from Arizona (9/11/11 patch) and some Eagles jerseys. Want to put it up on ebay and was wondering what's the best way to go about it (auction with reserve or buy it now)? If buy it now, what's a realistic price point to put it at considering the player?

If not, would it be better to go through an auction house? Is it worth it? I know fees tend to be a lot but just how much more bidders would there be versus ebay? Which would be the best auction house? Don't have any experience going that route so any recommendations or how to go about it would help, thanks.

Mattapan03
04-09-2013, 05:48 PM
To be 100% honest, there isn't much of a market for Kevin Kolb jersey's.

Whether you go through ebay or an auction house, you probably wont get anything near what you (unless of course you got it on the cheap).

My advice would be hang onto it you can. There is always hope he can resurrect his career. Only at that point would be able to get a sale for a decent about of money.

project 4
04-09-2013, 08:03 PM
To be 100% honest, there isn't much of a market for Kevin Kolb jersey's.

Whether you go through ebay or an auction house, you probably wont get anything near what you (unless of course you got it on the cheap).

My advice would be hang onto it you can. There is always hope he can resurrect his career. Only at that point would be able to get a sale for a decent about of money.

But how much more with them being jerseys from different teams? Anyways, I know I won't make near the amount I spent but I'm wondering how much of a loss to take on them.

Mulligans
04-10-2013, 02:23 PM
But how much more with them being jerseys from different teams? Anyways, I know I won't make near the amount I spent but I'm wondering how much of a loss to take on them.

I agree with Mattapan....This is not a great time to sell Kolb....There is a chance that he will be a starter this year, so his value could rise. Status Quo.....today on Ebay, I'm guessing $300-$600....If I were you, I would not take the loss today....the Ebay Buyers will be trying to buy low and speculate on Kolb to resell them during football season.

If you can afford to wait, you really should.

project 4
04-10-2013, 04:34 PM
I agree with Mattapan....This is not a great time to sell Kolb....There is a chance that he will be a starter this year, so his value could rise. Status Quo.....today on Ebay, I'm guessing $300-$600....If I were you, I would not take the loss today....the Ebay Buyers will be trying to buy low and speculate on Kolb to resell them during football season.

If you can afford to wait, you really should.

Thanks for the advice. I have hope in him I'm just thinking of getting out of collecting altogether. Just been in a lull with card/memorabilia collecting. But if it's worth the wait then it wouldn't hurt till the season started. Thanks again.