PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Hook Patch

joelsabi
04-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Major League Baseball will honor the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting during the opening games of the 2013 Regular Season. All players, managers, coaches, umpires and on-field personnel will wear a symbolic ribbon patch and, with fans, observe a pre-game moment of silence in their opening games (March 31st to April 2nd) in a league-wide effort to remember the 26 individuals who lost their lives on December 14, 2012 in Newtown, Connecticut.

Was this voluntary? I looked at Yu Darvish photos and there isnt a Sandy Hook patch on his jersey from his game on April 2.

Dach0sen0ne
04-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Their first game was the March 31st. The Rangers probably wore them during that game.

joelsabi
04-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Their first game was the March 31st. The Rangers probably wore them during that game.

You are right. I just looked at the schedule. No photos of Darvish from March 31. I tried looking closer at the photos on Getty from April 2 and doesnt seem like the patch was removed from his jersey. Maybe we will see these jerseys at Auction in the future.

Anyone notice players using a jersey with remnants of the Sandy Hook Ribbon?

sox83cubs84
04-08-2013, 10:00 PM
[quote=joelsabi;32016 Maybe we will see these jerseys at Auction in the future.

[/quote]

MLB Auctions just posted a bunch.

Dave Miedema

MLB~NUT
04-09-2013, 12:15 AM
Wow, Im surprised that their auctioning them as the Sandy hook patch is just a stick on, as most I noticed on the players were peeling off their jerseys after a couple innings!:mad: