PDA

View Full Version : New Louisville Slugger bat in use..

marino13
04-07-2013, 08:20 PM
... have anyone one seen them in action yet?

Have been watching a couple games here and there on MLB network, and as we speak, I have not seen much if any being used and so forth.

Post pics if you catch them in action!

AstrosGU
04-07-2013, 09:41 PM
I have seen a couple of them. The back of the barrels stand out.

gameused
04-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Here's a Derrick Robinson LVS bat that he used yesterday vs. the Nationals.

Looks like a Maple bat, missing is the maple leaf that was present on the back of the barrel on older LVS Maple bats.

Bobby

rdeversole
04-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Nice find Bobby! I'm guessing we'll see more of these bats emerge as players use up their remaining bat inventory and reorder more.

Nnunnari
04-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Posey's been using the new LVS.

Masimen
04-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Lance Berkman was using one last weekend.

BMH
04-13-2013, 08:07 AM
There are quite a few of them out there but I personally believe the new logos are harder to see than the older ones.

Also here is a run down of what we've done and our currently doing.

Here is what is going on with the Center brand. Going from the #7 to the #8. We were not ready for the transition from the old to the new logos. The company that makes the plates for us made the "Powerized" as part of the plate instead of being a separate piece like the #7 center brand. We had a lot of difficulty getting the #8 to come in on many of the models because of the transition area in the taper. So we decided to pad print. We, we did not have a big enough pad printer to put the #8 on at full size so we started with it much smaller than the old #7. We had a new machine on order but it just cae in two weeks ago. So many of the ST orders and Opening Day orders have the smaller #8 center brand instead of the larger version. We currently are not burn branding any of the center brands. It's either pad print or foil branding.

The new end brand is etched on to the bats using a laser. We are currently putting the new end brand on contract player's bats. Non contract players are receiving the old style end brand. The main reason is time, the new end brand takes several minutes per bat to complete. All no finish barrel bats are getting the old style branding since we cannot paint fill a no finish barrel.

All bats are getting the new back brand instead of the old MLB and MLB Maple logo. Personally we made a MLB Authentic logo that I love since you can spot it a mile away. The new logo is hard to see on TV.

Now for the fun part. Our sales department went through a lot of trouble to introduce the new logos to players during ST. Most liked them or didn't care. I think I had one player tell me he didn't want them on his bat. Well as you can guess we have received many phone calls from EM's stating players want the old logos back. So guess what? We are going to put the old logos on their bats. So, it will be an interesting year.

brianborsch
04-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Awesome update! And welcome back Brian! I haven't seen a post from you in awhile! I hope you and your family are well! It's so awesome we have you participating on this board. It's perfect!

marino13
04-14-2013, 12:17 PM

Cool!

HawaiiSportsNut
04-14-2013, 02:03 PM
I like the new logo.

godwulf
04-15-2013, 04:41 PM
I like the old one better, myself. It's iconic and simple. The new one is just a little too "busy".

bgold
04-15-2013, 07:16 PM
No baseball here in NY, turned on ESPN and saw Chris Heisey with the new logo bat. Personally I hate the new logo, hope most players opt for the old one.

MLB~NUT
04-17-2013, 01:38 AM
Wow very interesting story behind the new logo!:) Im sure the factory will be kept very busy trying to get all the orders correct, and fixing the ones that get mixed up!!!:p :D