PDA

View Full Version : Yankees MLB Hologram discrepency?

mook03005
04-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Hey guys, I recently purchased some Yankees items, mostly Batting Practice gear that come affixed with the standard MLB HOLO and Steiner tags. While researching a Game issued batting jersey in the MLB database, it comes back listed as a "TEAM ISSUED BP JACKET". Could anyone explain why this happens? Is this just a minor authenticator error? Could you see a problem with this discrepancy in the long run?.....say for re-sale? thanks for the help

marino13
04-07-2013, 08:17 PM
Hey guys, I recently purchased some Yankees items, mostly Batting Practice gear that come affixed with the standard MLB HOLO and Steiner tags. While researching a Game issued batting jersey in the MLB database, it comes back listed as a "TEAM ISSUED BP JACKET". Could anyone explain why this happens? Is this just a minor authenticator error? Could you see a problem with this discrepancy in the long run?.....say for re-sale? thanks for the help

Most of Yankees' related gamers are tagged with GAME ISSUED - since the authenticator did not witness the item were IN USE and so forth, they have no choice but to tag them as ISSUED.

If you got some that stated as GAME USED at Yankee stadium - you are paying premium for them and will expect to get premium back when you are planning to sell them.

MarlinsFan1993
04-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Most of Yankees' related gamers are tagged with GAME ISSUED - since the authenticator did not witness the item were IN USE and so forth, they have no choice but to tag them as ISSUED.

If you got some that stated as GAME USED at Yankee stadium - you are paying premium for them and will expect to get premium back when you are planning to sell them.

I believe he is more concerned with the fact that a BP jersey comes up as a BP jacket. The "issue" designation is not the matter. I personally don't think it's too big of a deal and it shouldn't affect the resale value.

Wrigley2010
04-07-2013, 11:53 PM
If it is a high end item from a big name player I would contact MLB via the address below and they can more than likely correct the database. This is not an uncommon occurrence. I've had autographed items show up as the wrong player or not show in the database at all.

authentication@website.mlb.com.

mook03005
04-08-2013, 09:51 AM
wrigley

Thanks for the info man..Ive actually emailed that MLB Authentication adress before, albeit the timeframe it takes for them to get back to you was atrocious..